Business Insider (via Yahoo Autos) has released a new list of some pretty great car hacks that every motorist should know. Here are some of the best:
12. Clear out all the junk in your trunk to increase gas mileage.
11. In a pinch? Fix scratches with a coat of clear nail polish to avoid rust.
10. Keep cat litter on hand for added traction on icy roads.
9. Use a razor blade to clear your windshield of dead bugs, sap and other gunk that won't come off with window washer fluid.
8. Clean grimy headlights with a coat of toothpaste.
7. Substitute a scented candle for an air freshener, setting it in the cup holder to melt on a hot day. (Be sure the candle is in a glass jar first).
6. Clean your car's engine with soap and water to make it easier to service.
5. Have a hard time remembering where you park? Snap a pic of your spot with your smartphone and never lose your bearings again.
4. Use dry ice to remove any dents from your car. The extreme cold pops them out.
3. De-ice your locks with hand sanitizer.
2. Unlock your car using a shoelace. Don't believe us? Click here.
1. Lighten your keychain to protect your ignition and prevent premature wear and tear.
Photo Courtesy: Santa Barbara County Fire Dept.
A woman was killed following a vehicle accident on Highway 1 just south of Jalama Road that occurred at approximately 1:23 a.m. Friday.
A marching band from Ireland will be in the July 4th parade in Santa Barbara this weekend.
After a two month investigation, DNA evidence linked 55-year-old Jose Guadalupe Langarcia of Oxnard to a kidnapping and rape near Oxnard State Beach Park.
If you enjoy lunch or dinner today at Joe's Crab Shack in Ventura, a portion of your check will help grant wishes of sick kids in our community!
The autopsy report shows the death of a Goleta man was accidental. His body was found after a week of searching when he failed to show up for work.
While many will be cheering the sights and sounds of fireworks this weekend, some combat veterans struggle with post-traumatic stress disorder during this time of the year.
Here's what is happening this weekend up and down the coast.
Source: Santa Maria Police Department
19-year-old Tyler Hugh Gentry of Santa Maria, was arrested by police on Thursday afternoon after leading officers on a short pursuit.
U.S. National Archives
The United States declares its independence, an "Iron Horse" retires, the Beach Boys hit No. 1 for the first time, and we lose three presidents, all on this day.
Keep you and your friends and family healthy and safe over the Fourth of July weekend with these tips.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.