Business Insider (via Yahoo Autos) has released a new list of some pretty great car hacks that every motorist should know. Here are some of the best:
12. Clear out all the junk in your trunk to increase gas mileage.
11. In a pinch? Fix scratches with a coat of clear nail polish to avoid rust.
10. Keep cat litter on hand for added traction on icy roads.
9. Use a razor blade to clear your windshield of dead bugs, sap and other gunk that won't come off with window washer fluid.
8. Clean grimy headlights with a coat of toothpaste.
7. Substitute a scented candle for an air freshener, setting it in the cup holder to melt on a hot day. (Be sure the candle is in a glass jar first).
6. Clean your car's engine with soap and water to make it easier to service.
5. Have a hard time remembering where you park? Snap a pic of your spot with your smartphone and never lose your bearings again.
4. Use dry ice to remove any dents from your car. The extreme cold pops them out.
3. De-ice your locks with hand sanitizer.
2. Unlock your car using a shoelace. Don't believe us? Click here.
1. Lighten your keychain to protect your ignition and prevent premature wear and tear.
A fire in Central California northeast of Bakersfield has ripped across 19,000 acres with zero containment, and more than 100 homes are a total loss.
Investigators are still trying to determine what exactly caused 29,400 gallons of crude oil to spill out from a Crimson Oil pipeline into a nearby creek in Ventura.
Scherpa "Sherpa" Fire has been reduced to 7,474 acres "due to better mapping" with 93% containment as of Thursday morning.
Source: Ventura County Sheriff's Office
An Ojai couple is facing identity theft and financial elder abuse after allegedly opening credit accounts in the male suspect's father's name.
Justin Walker and Milinda Parra died in crash on Hwy 101 coming home from Disneyland
Here's what is happening this weekend up and down the coast.
One of the most unusual and artistic parades in America will be in the spotlight as part of a Summer Solstice event weekend in Santa Barbara.
Henry Galvan photo
Santa Barbara City firefighters were called out to a fire at the Mesa Verde restaurant at 1919 Cliff Drive at about 11:30 p.m. Thursday.
Mark Davis/Getty Images
In wake of the sit-in staged by House Democrats over gun-control legislation, celebrities have taken to social media to express their support.
Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
Officer Caesar Goodson, who drove the van in which Freddie Gray was fatally injured, was found not guilty on all charges on Thursday. Here is a closer look at the cases of six officers charged in Gray's death.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.