Business Insider (via Yahoo Autos) has released a new list of some pretty great car hacks that every motorist should know. Here are some of the best:
12. Clear out all the junk in your trunk to increase gas mileage.
11. In a pinch? Fix scratches with a coat of clear nail polish to avoid rust.
10. Keep cat litter on hand for added traction on icy roads.
9. Use a razor blade to clear your windshield of dead bugs, sap and other gunk that won't come off with window washer fluid.
8. Clean grimy headlights with a coat of toothpaste.
7. Substitute a scented candle for an air freshener, setting it in the cup holder to melt on a hot day. (Be sure the candle is in a glass jar first).
6. Clean your car's engine with soap and water to make it easier to service.
5. Have a hard time remembering where you park? Snap a pic of your spot with your smartphone and never lose your bearings again.
4. Use dry ice to remove any dents from your car. The extreme cold pops them out.
3. De-ice your locks with hand sanitizer.
2. Unlock your car using a shoelace. Don't believe us? Click here.
1. Lighten your keychain to protect your ignition and prevent premature wear and tear.
An Oxnard couple operated under a hidden agenda for almost six months.
Araceli Martin, 35, and her husband Guillermo Martin, 39, were arrested on the 1800 block of Pericles Place Thursday for concealing the identity of a sex offender.
Stephanie Harmon photo
Santa Barbara County fire crews rescued a man Friday morning, whose car was half submerged in the San Jose Creek next to Highway 217.
Click above for the latest detailsClean-Up Crews Check Oil in Ventura BeachesSea Lion Found On Local Beach Oily Birds Treated at San Pedro Center Aerial View of Oil Spill A Closer Look At The Refugio Pipeline Slideshow: Santa Barbara County Oil Spill
Santa Barbara Aviation gives NewsChannel 3 the best view of the Refugio oil spill from up in the sky.
Nataly Tavidian photo
The old Budget Inn in Santa Maria is almost done with renovation and some people in the city say they’re seeing a change in the neighborhood.
It's official: the 2015 Dancing With Our Community Stars has kicked off for the Oxnard Salsa Festival!
DAVE ALLEY PHOTO
The Santa Ynez Valley property that once served as the late pop star's home and personal fantasyland is being listed at $100 million, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Oscar Flores photo
The Ventura Police Department has determined that a fire that left a homeless man with severe burns back in January, was accidental.
A pipeline leaked about 21,000 gallons of crude oil near a beach in California, authorities said, creating a dark sheen that stretched for miles.
iStock / ferrantraite
Don't be that guy (or girl). Take note of the 10 most overused office clichés.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.