Business Insider (via Yahoo Autos) has released a new list of some pretty great car hacks that every motorist should know. Here are some of the best:
12. Clear out all the junk in your trunk to increase gas mileage.
11. In a pinch? Fix scratches with a coat of clear nail polish to avoid rust.
10. Keep cat litter on hand for added traction on icy roads.
9. Use a razor blade to clear your windshield of dead bugs, sap and other gunk that won't come off with window washer fluid.
8. Clean grimy headlights with a coat of toothpaste.
7. Substitute a scented candle for an air freshener, setting it in the cup holder to melt on a hot day. (Be sure the candle is in a glass jar first).
6. Clean your car's engine with soap and water to make it easier to service.
5. Have a hard time remembering where you park? Snap a pic of your spot with your smartphone and never lose your bearings again.
4. Use dry ice to remove any dents from your car. The extreme cold pops them out.
3. De-ice your locks with hand sanitizer.
2. Unlock your car using a shoelace. Don't believe us? Click here.
1. Lighten your keychain to protect your ignition and prevent premature wear and tear.
Senerey De Los Santos photo
The California Highway Patrol says a Santa Ynez teenager was hit and severely injured when she walked in front of a minivan.
A total of 13 guns and about 13,000 prescription pills 13 were seized from an alleged drug trafficker and his associates in Oxnard this week.
An officer-involved shooting in Oxnard early Saturday morning killed a 26-year-old woman.
Vandals cut hole in storage unit and steal personal belongings.
A Santa Barbara man was convicted Friday of aggravated sexual assault of a child under the age of 14 by forcible rape.
The Santa Barbara Police Department needs to hire 12 officers.
Solvang is known for its Danish charm and tourists, not terror threats, but mayor Jim Richardson said he was notified of an ISIS threat Wednesday morning.
Due to little rain fall, diminishing moisture levels in vegetation, and unseasonably warm weather the Santa Barbara City Fire Department has cancelled any and all burn permits that have been issued.
CDC Public Health Image Library
Vikings sack Paris, the Hollywood Walk of Fame gets its first star, President Eisenhower dies, and Three Mile Island melts down, all on this day.
iStock / DrGrounds
Chances are you've been mistakenly storing some of these foods in your refrigerator. Find out where they belong.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.