Looking at average annual premiums, insurance website Insure.com ranked the highest and lowest car insurance rates by state. The national average is $1,510 per year. Here are the Top 10 in each category.
(Highest) 10. Kentucky -- $1,725 per year
9. Rhode Island -- $1,735 per year
8. West Virginia -- $1,816 per year
7. California -- $1,819 per year
6. Montana -- $1,914 per year
5. Washington, D.C. -- $2,006 per year
4. Oklahoma -- $ 2,074 per year
3. Georgia -- $2,155 per year
2. Michigan -- $2,520 per year
1. Louisiana -- $2,699 per year
(Lowest) 10. Arizona -- $1,227 per year
9. Washington -- $1,226 per year
8. Indiana -- $1,183 per year
7. Vermont -- $1,176 per year
6. Idaho -- $1,133 per year
5. New Hampshire -- $1,112 per year
4. Ohio -- $1,106 per year
3. North Carolina -- $1,085 per year
2. Iowa -- $1,028 per year
1. Maine -- $934 per year
Click here to read the rankings for all 50 states at Insure.com.
While many Central Coast homeowners using solar are saving a significant amount of money on their electrical bills, the increasing popular electrical system may not be the best financial option for everyone.
Santa Barbara says it's going to the ocean to get new water for the city, unless there's a massive amount of rain in the next two months. The report to the Regional Water Quality Control Board was part of a review of the city's proposed reopening of a desalination plant.
Sara Gilbert, who celebrates her 40th birthday on Thursday, grew up in front of TV audiences on "Roseanne." In honor of her birthday, click on to see what she and the rest of her co-stars are up to today.
Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones (The Theory of Everything) were honored at the 30th Santa Barbara International Film Festival with the Cinema Vanguard Award for taking risks in their filmmaking careers.