Published On: Aug 31 2011 02:40:43 PM CDTUpdated On: Dec 14 2011 12:40:43 PM CST
Using mile-per-gallon fuel efficiency and five-year total fuel costs, Forbes magazine lists the fuel-sippers that are your best bet for paying less at the gas pump.
Honorable Mention: Smart Fortwo -- Vincentric doesn't carry data for five-year costs on the Smart Fortwo, but Forbes felt it deserved honorable mention for its admirable 33-in-the-city and 41-on-the-highway mileage-per-gallon.
10. MINI Cooper City MPG: 28 Highway MPG: 37 Five-Year Cost of Fuel: $7,652
10. Nissan Versa City MPG: 26 Highway MPG: 34 Five-Year Cost of Fuel: $7,190
10. Ford Escape City MPG: 22 Highway MPG: 28 Five-Year Cost of Fuel: $6,712
7. Chevrolet Aveo City MPG: 27 Highway MPG: 35 Five-Year Cost of Fuel: $7,266
7. Honda Fit City MPG: 27 Highway MPG: 33 Five-Year Cost of Fuel: $7,107
5. Hyundai Accent City MPG: 27 Highway MPG: 36 Five-Year Cost of Fuel: $7,029
4. Honda Civic GX City MPG: 24 Highway MPG: 36 Five-Year Cost of Fuel: $5,297
3. Toyota Yaris City MPG: 29 Highway MPG: 36 Five-Year Cost of Fuel: $6,881
1. Volkswagen Jetta City MPG: 30 Highway MPG: 42 Five-Year Cost of Fuel: $6,774
1. Volkswagen Golf City MPG: 30 Highway MPG: 42 Five-Year Cost of Fuel: $6,774
Gov. Jerry Brown has signed a bill requiring all California public schools to teach sexual education. Currently, schools are permitted to teach sexual education but participation in it is completely voluntary.
Did you miss the clip of your favorite player or just want to watch the highlights again? We've got you covered! Immediately following the broadcast, we will be posting the entire show on our YouTube Channel. Find the game you want to watch in the ‘rundown’ below and click on the link to launch the video. Better yet, watch them all!
Santa Barbara-based WorldViz is the software company giving folks the chance to challenge their fears and phobias Sunday in a hands-on demonstration at the Fess Parker Resort. Cottage Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation is helping the company showcase its technology with expert Skip Rizzo.
Lompoc police arrested Hector Daniel Guaderrama Jr. and charged him with Assault by means of force likely to produce great bodily injury of a person over 70 years old, and elder physical abuse with a special allegation that the arrestee caused the death of a person over 70 years old.