Consumer Reports’ National Research Center asked 895 Americans to rate the 20 most annoying drivers and driving habits. Here are the results, ranked on a scale of 1-10.
20. Turning radio volume up very high: 5.7
19. Bicyclists who don't let you by: 5.8
18. Not moving forward when the light turns green: 6.1
17. Slow drivers not pulling over when given the chance: 6.5
16. Drivers being indecisive about a turn: 6.6
15. Not turning on lights in bad conditions: 6.8
14. Slowing down to look at accidents: 7.0
13. Excessive horn honking: 7.1
12. Jaywalkers stepping into traffic: 7.3
11. Slow drivers in the passing lane: 7.3
10. Not using turn signals: 7.5
9. Leaving high beams on when another car approaches: 7.6
8. Not letting someone else merge: 7.6
7. Talking on cell phone while driving: 7.6
6. Parking in two spaces instead of one: 7.7
5. Swerving in and out of traffic and speeding: 8.2
4. Drivers that cut off others: 8.3
3. Tailgating (following too closely): 8.4
2. Parking in handicapped spaces when able-bodied: 8.7
1. Texting while driving: 8.9
Three teenage boys were playing with fire when it got out of control and engulfed one them in flames.
The cost of living in paradise is rising at an alarming rate as renters battle it out over the city's limited supply.
Nick Culotta photo
The man was tandem paragliding with his teenage daughter when he fell.
A search warrant served in the 700 block of N. Lincoln Street led to the arrest of a 66 year-old Santa Maria man.
Santa Barbara Police have been at the scene of a homicide in an industrial area of the city since approximately 6:53 a.m. Friday when police officers, City firefighters and paramedics responded to the emergency call.
State Water customers get increase to 15 percent
Amanda Edwards/Getty Images
William Shatner is defending himself on Twitter as his decision to skip Leonard Nimoy's funeral Sunday became front-page tabloid fodder.
Nimoy died Friday at 83. He was best known for his portrayal of "Star Trek's" logic-driven, half-human science off...
The California Highway Patrol is looking for a few good women to join the ranks once their open application process starts next week.
Salem is gripped by witch hysteria, Yellowstone becomes the world's first national park, the Lindbergh baby is kidnapped, and the Watergate Seven are indicted, all on this day.
U.S. Department of Defense
Nylon is invented, the "M*A*S*H" finale draws a record audience, Michael Jackson wins a record eight Grammys, the Gulf War ends, and the Branch Davidian standoff begins, all on this day.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.