Consumer Reports’ National Research Center asked 895 Americans to rate the 20 most annoying drivers and driving habits. Here are the results, ranked on a scale of 1-10.
20. Turning radio volume up very high: 5.7
19. Bicyclists who don't let you by: 5.8
18. Not moving forward when the light turns green: 6.1
17. Slow drivers not pulling over when given the chance: 6.5
16. Drivers being indecisive about a turn: 6.6
15. Not turning on lights in bad conditions: 6.8
14. Slowing down to look at accidents: 7.0
13. Excessive horn honking: 7.1
12. Jaywalkers stepping into traffic: 7.3
11. Slow drivers in the passing lane: 7.3
10. Not using turn signals: 7.5
9. Leaving high beams on when another car approaches: 7.6
8. Not letting someone else merge: 7.6
7. Talking on cell phone while driving: 7.6
6. Parking in two spaces instead of one: 7.7
5. Swerving in and out of traffic and speeding: 8.2
4. Drivers that cut off others: 8.3
3. Tailgating (following too closely): 8.4
2. Parking in handicapped spaces when able-bodied: 8.7
1. Texting while driving: 8.9
A 20-acre brush fire has been reported near Refugio Canyon and U.S. Highway 101 Wednesday afternoon.
A reported armed carjacking suspect was shot by a police officer Thursday morning and is now in surgery.
Click on this thread for continued updates on the Rey Fire.Slideshow: Rey Fire Burning in Santa Barbara BackcountryLos Padres National Forest Elevates Fire RestrictionsAir Quality Watch Issued for Santa Barbara County Due to Rey Fire
Public health officials confirmed the first case of travel-associated Zika Virus in Santa Barbara County on Thursday.
Sean Larsen photo
Follow this thread for continued updates on the Chimney Fire.Slideshow: Chimney Fire Burning in SLO CountyChimney Fire Crews Getting Aerial Help From Santa MariaCalifornia Governor's Office of Emergency Activates State Operations Center to Assist with Chimney Fire
48 homes, 20 buildings destroyed, hundreds more threatened.
A new grocery store just opened up in Goleta. Sprouts Farmers Market opened its doors at 7 a.m. Wednesday.
SoCal Gas crews are working to fix a broken gas pipe in Santa Barbara's Eastside Thursday morning.
The Bar Fire broke out near Refugio Canyon at about 4:30 p.m. Wednesday. Resourced from the Rey Fire were diverted to fight the Bar Fire.
Full Details Here.
Santa Barbara County fire crews are responding to a brush fire reported near the White Rock campground off Paradise Road in the Santa Barbara backcountry.
For continued updates, click here.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.