Consumer Reports’ National Research Center asked 895 Americans in January 2012 to rate the 20 most annoying drivers and driving habits. Here are the results, ranked on a scale of 1-10.
20. Turning radio volume up very high: 5.7
19. Bicyclists who don't let you by: 5.8
18. Not moving forward when the light turns green: 6.1
17. Slow drivers not pulling over when given the chance: 6.5
16. Drivers being indecisive about a turn: 6.6
15. Not turning on lights in bad conditions: 6.8
14. Slowing down to look at accidents: 7.0
13. Excessive horn honking: 7.1
12. Jaywalkers stepping into traffic: 7.3
11. Slow drivers in the passing lane: 7.3
10. Not using turn signals: 7.5
9. Leaving high beams on when another car approaches: 7.6
8. Not letting someone else merge: 7.6
7. Talking on cell phone while driving: 7.6
6. Parking in two spaces instead of one: 7.7
5. Swerving in and out of traffic and speeding: 8.2
4. Drivers that cut off others: 8.3
3. Tailgating (following too closely): 8.4
2. Parking in handicapped spaces when able-bodied: 8.7
1. Texting while driving: 8.9
The couple was stranded for days along with thousands of other U.S. tourists
City Council decided to move forward with a private investigation from an unbiased outside investigator to find out what really happened between two city employees.
The volunteers took park in "Coastal Cleanup Day"
A fire broke out at Vandenberg Air Force Base around 12:30 p.m. Saturday on Santa Lucia Canyon Road.
The poverty rate in California declined in 2013, but according to a recent statewide study, one in seven Californians live below the poverty line and over a third of these people are children.
Rallies drew crowds across the country and here at home
An exotic plant sale brought in thousands of dollars to Lotusland this weekend.
The arrival of the Crown Princess cruise ship off Stearns Wharf has been a welcome sign for Santa Barbara. It will give the local economy a boost going into the fall months.
Matthew Todd Miller, a 24-year-old from California, has been convicted of "acts hostile" to North Korea and sentenced to six years of hard labor. Learn more about the three Americans currently being detained in North Korea.
From legendary actors to fashion designers, take a look at the most notable deaths of 2014.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.