Consumer Reports’ National Research Center asked 895 Americans to rate the 20 most annoying drivers and driving habits. Here are the results, ranked on a scale of 1-10.
20. Turning radio volume up very high: 5.7
19. Bicyclists who don't let you by: 5.8
18. Not moving forward when the light turns green: 6.1
17. Slow drivers not pulling over when given the chance: 6.5
16. Drivers being indecisive about a turn: 6.6
15. Not turning on lights in bad conditions: 6.8
14. Slowing down to look at accidents: 7.0
13. Excessive horn honking: 7.1
12. Jaywalkers stepping into traffic: 7.3
11. Slow drivers in the passing lane: 7.3
10. Not using turn signals: 7.5
9. Leaving high beams on when another car approaches: 7.6
8. Not letting someone else merge: 7.6
7. Talking on cell phone while driving: 7.6
6. Parking in two spaces instead of one: 7.7
5. Swerving in and out of traffic and speeding: 8.2
4. Drivers that cut off others: 8.3
3. Tailgating (following too closely): 8.4
2. Parking in handicapped spaces when able-bodied: 8.7
1. Texting while driving: 8.9
A Santa Barbara dance couple had the performance of a lifetime at the Oxnard Salsa Festival this past weekend.
Keith Carls photo
Santa Maria police were called out Monday afternoon to a residential home in the 200 block of South Western Avenue to investigate a domestic disturbance call.
John Palminteri photo
A representative with the Venoco oil company says that the company is asking the City of Goleta, for an emergency permit to move out remaining oil from its facilities.
A 110-pound German shepard became unresponsive while hiking with owner on Santa Julian trail on Sunday.
Santa Barbara County Sheriff's deputies detained one person at gunpoint near the area of Fairview and Calle Real in Goleta Tuesday afternoon.
More Haggen employees are out of a job as the Washington-based grocer lays off more of its staff.
Source: Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Dept.
Two local men will not be face attempted murder charges after a recent shooting in Isla Vista.
7-Year old Gwendolyn Strong died on July 25 after a lengthy and courageous battle against Spinal Muscular Atrophy.
Stress doesn't go away just because the weather is nice outside. If you're feeling stressed out this summer, reach for these foods next time you need a snack.
Jason Merritt/Getty Images
While the child stars whose careers fade seem to get most of the press, plenty of young actors have managed to stay successful into adulthood, including Anna Paquin, who is celebrating her 33rd birthday on Friday.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.