Lumosity, a cognitive training site run by Lumos Labs, sought to find the smartest colleges in America by testing 60,000 students at more than 400 colleges and universities with games that measured various cognitive skills like memory and problem solving. Here are the Top 20:
19. (tie) Boston College (Chestnut Hill, Mass.)
19. (tie) College of William and Mary (Williamsburg, Va.)
17. (tie) Bucknell University (Lewisburg, Pa.)
17. (tie) Vanderbilt University (Nashville, Tenn.)
15. University of Virginia (Charlottesville, Va.)
16. Duke University (Durham, N.C.)
13. (tie) Georgtown University (Washington, D.C.)
13. (tie) University of Notre Dame (South Bend, Ind.)
12. Stanford University (Stanford, Calif.)
11. Tufts University (Medford, Mass.)
10. Dartmouth College (Hanover, N.H.)
9. Yale University (New Haven, Conn.)
8. Harvard University (Cambridge, Mass.)
7. Rice University (Houston)
6. University of Chicago (Chicago)
5. Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh)
4. Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)
3. Princeton University (Princeton, N.J.)
2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Cambridge, Mass.)
While many Central Coast homeowners using solar are saving a significant amount of money on their electrical bills, the increasing popular electrical system may not be the best financial option for everyone.
Santa Barbara says it's going to the ocean to get new water for the city, unless there's a massive amount of rain in the next two months. The report to the Regional Water Quality Control Board was part of a review of the city's proposed reopening of a desalination plant.
Sara Gilbert, who celebrates her 40th birthday on Thursday, grew up in front of TV audiences on "Roseanne." In honor of her birthday, click on to see what she and the rest of her co-stars are up to today.
Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones (The Theory of Everything) were honored at the 30th Santa Barbara International Film Festival with the Cinema Vanguard Award for taking risks in their filmmaking careers.