Published On: Jun 17 2013 12:27:58 PM CDTUpdated On: May 07 2014 11:12:05 AM CDT
Goverment student loan interest rates are set to increase by nearly a full percentage point today. Find out how long it will take to pay off your student loan debt based on what you went to school for, calculated by Bankrate.com.
20. Marriage and family therapist -- 34.67 years to pay off student loan debt
19. News analyst, reporter, correspondent -- 31.83 years
18. Veterinarian -- 27.92 years
17. Teacher (full-time) -- 21.75 years
16. Librarian -- 22.33 years
15. Zoologist, wildlife biologist -- 20.58 years
14. English language/literature teacher, post-secondary -- 19.08 years
13. Public relations specialist -- 14.67 years
12. Political science teacher, post-secondary -- 14 years
11. Dentist -- 13.75 years
10. Lawyer -- 13.33 years
9. Market research analyst -- 12.42 years
8. Accountant -- 11.5 years
7. Family or general physican -- 10.92 years
5. (tie) Pharmacist -- 10.83 years
5. (tie) Microbiologist -- 10.83 years
4. Political scientist -- 8.58 years
3. Civil engineer -- 8.5 years
2. Economist -- 7.08 years
1. Advertising, marketing, promotions -- 5.83 years
Click here to read more about the best and worst degrees for paying off student debt.
Santa Barbara-based WorldViz is the software company giving folks the chance to challenge their fears and phobias Sunday in a hands-on demonstration at the Fess Parker Resort. Cottage Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation is helping the company showcase its technology with expert Skip Rizzo.
Gov. Jerry Brown has signed a bill requiring all California public schools to teach sexual education. Currently, schools are permitted to teach sexual education but participation in it is completely voluntary.
Did you miss the clip of your favorite player or just want to watch the highlights again? We've got you covered! Immediately following the broadcast, we will be posting the entire show on our YouTube Channel. Find the game you want to watch in the ‘rundown’ below and click on the link to launch the video. Better yet, watch them all!
Lompoc police arrested Hector Daniel Guaderrama Jr. and charged him with Assault by means of force likely to produce great bodily injury of a person over 70 years old, and elder physical abuse with a special allegation that the arrestee caused the death of a person over 70 years old.