Published On: Oct 08 2013 02:17:42 PM CDTUpdated On: Oct 09 2013 01:00:00 AM CDT
Using data from the National Center for Education Statistics, Bankrate.com ranked more than 900 public two-year institutions to determine the best and brightest community colleges.
The rankings were based on six criteria: graduation rate, student retention rate, the student-faculty ratio, the school's in-state tuition and fees, the percentage of full-time first-time undergraduates receiving financial aid and the average amount of grant aid they received from federal, state and private sources combined. The data covers full-time freshman students who entered college in fall 2008.
10. Colby Community College (Colby, Kan.)
9. Mayland Community College (Spruce Pine, N.C.)
8. Charlotte Technical Center (Port Charlotte, Fla.)
7. North Central Kansas Technical College (Beloit, Kan.)
6. Linn State Technical College (Linn., Mo.)
5. White Mountains Community College (Berlin, N.H.)
4. Flint Hills Technical College (Emporia, Kan.)
3. Altamaha Technical College (Jesup, Ga.)
2. Erwin Technical Center (Tampa, Fla.)
1. East San Gabriel Valley Regional Occupational Program and Technical Center (West Covina, Calif.)
The California Division of Occupational Safety and Health, also known as CAL/OSHA, slapped the city of Santa Barbara and its police department with nearly $8,000 in fines, due primarily to sanitation issues at the police department headquarters.
One Santa Barbara neighborhood is feeling the impacts where the Riviera, Eastside, and Milpas St. traffic converge. Residents say drivers are going too fast, ignoring pedestrians, school children, stops signs, and crosswalks.
It's a lazy Sunday, and while it might be a rest day, you should still plan your workouts and routines for the week ahead. Here are six things to do on Sunday to help you lose weight all week long, according to Popsugar.com.