Published On: Sep 13 2011 02:19:04 PM CDTUpdated On: Sep 10 2015 11:12:54 AM CDT
U.S. News & World Report has released its annual list of the best U.S. colleges for 2016. Here are the top 12 national universities, defined as those which offer a full range of undergraduate majors, plus master's and Ph.D. programs:
12. Dartmouth College (Hanover, N.H.) -- Tuition and fees: $49,506 Enrollment: 4,289
10. Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore) -- Tuition and fees: $48,710; Enrollment: 6,469
10. (Tie) California Institute of Technology (Pasadena, Calif.) -- Tuition and fees: $45,390; Enrollment: 983
9. University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia) -- Tuition and fees: $49,536; Enrollment: 9,746
8. Duke University (Durham, N.C.) -- Tuition and fees: $49,341; Enrollment: 6,626
7. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Cambridge, Mass.) -- Tuition and fees: $46,704; Enrollment: 4,512
4. (tie) Stanford University (Stanford, Calif.) -- Tuition and fees: $46,320; Enrollment: 7,019
4. (tie) University of Chicago (Chicago) -- Tuition and fees: $50,193; Enrollment: 5,681
4. (tie) Columbia University (New York) -- Tuition and fees: $51,008; Enrollment: 6,170
3. Yale University (New Haven, Conn.) -- Tuition and fees: $45,800; Enrollment: 5,430
2. Harvard University (Cambridge, Mass.) -- Tuition and fees: $45,278; Enrollment: 6,694
1. Princeton University (Princeton, N.J.) -- Tuition and fees: $43,450; Enrollment: 5,391
On March 29 at about 3 p.m., three individuals in a silver Hyundai Santa Fe arrive at the Four Seasons Biltmore on 1260 Channel Drive. They case the area. Two men go inside Silverhorn jewelry store inside the hotel and while one subject distracts the clerk, the other breaks into a display case and flee to a getaway car with $35,500 worth of stolen jewelry.
20 individuals have been arrested in connection with a five-month long investigation that involved the Santa Barbara Police Department, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, into the sales of illegal narcotics and firearms.