Payscale.com recently released a report on the highest salary potential among the nation's top colleges. Here are the schools that bring in the highest paychecks in 2014:
10. State University of New York Maritime College -- Mid-career salary: $121,700
Starting salary: $62,100
9. Tufts University -- Mid-career salary: $123,600
Starting salary: $51,900
8. U.S. Military Academy at West Point -- Mid-career median salary: $123,900Starting median salary: $75,100
(Data represents those in civilian work force, not active service members)
7. Washington and Lee University -- Mid-career salary: $124,300Starting salary: $50,700
6. California Institute of Technology (Caltech) -- Mid-career median salary: $126,200Starting median salary: $78,400
5. Stanford University -- Mid-career median salary: 126,400
Starting median salary: $62,900
4. Colgate University -- Mid-career median salary: $126,600Starting median salary: $54,000
3. Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Mid-career median salary: $128,800Starting median salary: $70,300
2. U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis -- Mid-career median salary: $130,000Starting median salary: $80,700
1. Harvey Mudd College -- Mid-career median salary: $133,800 Starting median salary: $75,600
Click here to read more about the best colleges for high salaries in 2014.
Photo Courtesy: Santa Barbara County Fire Dept.
A woman was killed following a vehicle accident on Highway 1 just south of Jalama Road that occurred at approximately 1:23 a.m. Friday.
A marching band from Ireland will be in the July 4th parade in Santa Barbara this weekend.
Grover Beach Police recovered a vintage 1967 Cardinal Low-Boy Trailer this week.
After a two month investigation, DNA evidence linked 55-year-old Jose Guadlupe Langarcia of Oxnard to a kidnapping and rape near Oxnard State Beach Park.
Get ready for an unforgettable event as the City of Santa Barbara and its partners celebrate the Fourth of July All-American Patriotic Celebration at West Beach this coming Saturday.
Authorities are on the lookout for two suspects connected to an early morning robbery in Grover Beach.
If you enjoy lunch or dinner today at Joe's Crab Shack in Ventura, a portion of your check will help grant wishes of sick kids in our community!
While many will be cheering the sights and sounds of fireworks this weekend, some combat veterans struggle with post-traumatic stress disorder during this time of the year.
U.S. National Archives
The United States declares its independence, an "Iron Horse" retires, the Beach Boys hit No. 1 for the first time, and we lose three presidents, all on this day.
Chocolate isn't the only human food that can do harm to your dog. Click through for a brief refresher on what could be poisonous to your pooch.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.