Published On: Jul 30 2013 02:51:34 PM CDTUpdated On: Aug 06 2015 03:54:38 PM CDT
Check out which U.S. states consume the most beer, according to a recent study by Beer Marketer's Insights, a brewing industry trade publisher.
11. Texas: 33.2 gallons of beer per drinking-age adult
10. Mississippi: 33.2 gallons
9. Nebraska: 34.1 gallons
8. Maine: 34.8 gallons
7. Nevada: 34.9 gallons
6. Wisconsin: 35.8 gallons
5. Vermont: 35.9 gallons
4. South Dakota: 38.2 gallons
3. Montana: 40.5 gallons
2. New Hampshire: 42.2 gallons
1. North Dakota: 43.6 gallons. North Dakota residents are the nation's largest beer drinkers, more than doubling the 19.6 gallons per adult consumed in Utah, the U.S. state where residents drank the least beer.
A New Hampshire jury on Friday convicted Owen Labrie of five counts -- including one felony -- in connection with the sexual assault of another student at a prestigious boarding school, but it acquitted him of more serious charges.