Published On: Jul 30 2013 02:51:34 PM CDTUpdated On: Oct 27 2015 11:36:53 AM CDT
With Tuesday marking National American Beer Day, check out which states consume the most beer, according to a recent study by Beer Marketer's Insights, a brewing industry trade publisher.
11. Texas: 33.2 gallons of beer per drinking-age adult
10. Mississippi: 33.2 gallons
9. Nebraska: 34.1 gallons
8. Maine: 34.8 gallons
7. Nevada: 34.9 gallons
6. Wisconsin: 35.8 gallons
5. Vermont: 35.9 gallons
4. South Dakota: 38.2 gallons
3. Montana: 40.5 gallons
2. New Hampshire: 42.2 gallons
1. North Dakota: 43.6 gallons. North Dakota residents are the nation's largest beer drinkers, more than doubling the 19.6 gallons per adult consumed in Utah, the U.S. state where residents drank the least beer.
Actresses Brie Larson and Saoirse Ronan were honored Monday night with the 31st Santa Barbara International Film Festival Outstanding Performers Award. Larson was unable to attend the event in person but Skyped in.
Elizabeth Banks, Paul Dano, O'Shea Jackson Jr., Geza Rohrig, Alicia Vikander and Jacob Tremblay were all honored with the SBIFF Virtuosos Award on Saturday. The event was moderated by Dave Karger and the awards presented by Leonard Maltin.