Published On: Jun 04 2012 10:50:55 AM CDTUpdated On: Jan 23 2014 01:00:00 AM CST
Think you're in good shape? The American College of Sports Medicine has ranked the least and most fit cities in the United States.
The college's annual American Fitness Index ranks the country's 50 most populous metro areas on a number of health factors, including percentage of residents who smoke, obesity rates, percentage of people who exercise and availability of parks, walking trails and farmers markets. Here are the 10 least fit cities:
(Least Fit) 10. Birmingham-Hoover, Ala.
9. Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach, Fla.
8. Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, Texas
7. Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, Texas
6. Indianapolis-Carmel, Ind.
5. Memphis, Tenn.-Miss.-Ark.
4. Louisville-Jefferson County, Ky.-Ind.
3. San Antonio
2. Detroit-Warren-Livonia, Mich.
1. Oklahoma City
Now a look at the 10 fittest cities in America:
(Most Fit) 10. San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, Calif.
San Luis Obispo police arrested three individuals after receiving a call from the Manteca Police Department that a 15-year-old Manteca girl was being held against her will inside a hotel room in the 1800 block of Monterey Street.