Once considered an affliction of the lazy and indulgent, obesity now affects about one-third of Americans. The national obesity rate, which is figured out by using respondents' self-reported height and weight in the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index, increased to 27.1 percent in 2013 from 26.2 percent in 2012. Take a look at the most - and least - obese U.S. states.
Highest obesity rates:
5. Arkansas -- 32.3 percent obesity rate
4. Louisiana -- 32.7 percent obesity rate
3. Delaware -- 34.3 percent obesity rate
2. West Virginia -- 34.4 percent obesity rate
1. Mississippi -- 35.4 percent obesity rate
Lowest obesity rates:
5. Massachusetts -- 22.2 percent obesity rate
2. District of Columbia -- 21.9 percent obesity rate
A photographer and former extreme water sports junkie, once strangers have now become friends and teammates. Both share the love for the Central Coast, and they are using that passion to help raise money for a good cause.
The Santa Maria Police Department blocked two roads near the Courthouse as a safety precaution Monday morning. At around around 9 a.m. , police said a person dropped-off a grenade in a safe and secure manner.