Published On: Apr 23 2013 02:12:13 PM CDTUpdated On: Apr 25 2013 01:00:00 AM CDT
In honor of Stress Awareness Month, which is recognized in April, take a look at the 15 most stressful cities as compiled by Sperling’s Best Places. The list is based on divorce rates, commute times, unemployment rates and crime rates.
15. Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta, Ga.
14. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Glendale, Calif.
13. Oakland-Fremont-Hayward, Calif.
12. Warren-Troy-Farmington Hills, Mich.
11. Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach-Deerfield, Fla.
10. West Palm Beach-Boca Raton-Boynton Beach, Fla.
Santa Barbara Police have been at the scene of a homicide in an industrial area of the city since approximately 6:53 a.m. Friday when police officers, City firefighters and paramedics responded to the emergency call.
NEWS RELEASE - The City of Santa Barbara has reached a partial settlement of the California Voting Rights Act (CVRA) litigation entitled Banales, et al. v. City of Santa Barbara. The lawsuit alleged that the City’s at-large voting system for City Council Members has led to Latino vote dilution in violation of the CVRA. Under the terms of the settlement, the City will conduct by-district elections beginning in November 2015.