In honor of Stress Awareness Month, which is recognized in April, take a look at the 15 most stressful cities as compiled by Sperling’s Best Places. The list is based on divorce rates, commute times, unemployment rates and crime rates.
15. Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta, Ga.
14. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Glendale, Calif.
13. Oakland-Fremont-Hayward, Calif.
12. Warren-Troy-Farmington Hills, Mich.
11. Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach-Deerfield, Fla.
10. West Palm Beach-Boca Raton-Boynton Beach, Fla.
Craig Mason of Los Osos hadn't heard from his brother for days when he finally received a text Wednesday. He thought his brother was fishing with friends in Baja California when he learned that Hurricane Odile had wreaked havoc in the Mexican resort.
Sherrie Gibbs routinely takes her 14 year old dog Quigley out for walks in the Janin Acres subdivision in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley and is not surprised to learn that coyotes and mountain lions are roaming around her neighborhood.