Hiring surged in November as employers added 321,000 jobs, crowning 2014 as the strongest year for job growth since 1999. The unemployment rate remained steady at 5.8 percent, down from 7 percent this time last year.
Check out which states have the lowest unemployment rates as of October, the latest state figures available.
19. (tie) Pennsylvania -- 5.4 percent (-0.3 percent)
19. (tie) Wisconsin -- 5.4 percent (-0.1 percent)
17. (tie) Virginia -- 5.3 percent (-0.2 percent)
17. (tie) Ohio -- 5.3 percent (-0.3 percent)
16. Texas -- 5.1 percent (-0.1 percent)
15. Wyoming -- 4.7 percent (unchanged)
12. (tie) Montana -- 4.5 percent (-0.1 percent)
12. (tie) Iowa -- 4.5 percent (-0.1 percent)
12. (tie) Oklahoma -- 4.5 percent (-0.2 percent)
10. (tie) Kansas -- 4.4 percent (-0.4 percent)
10. (tie) Vermont -- 4.4 percent (unchanged)
9. Colorado -- 4.3 percent (-0.4 percent)
8. New Hampshire -- 4.2 percent (-0.1 percent)
6. (tie) Idaho -- 4.1 percent (-0.4 percent)
6. (tie) Hawaii -- 4.1 percent (-0.1 percent)
5. Minnesota -- 3.9 percent (-0.2 percent)
4. Utah -- 3.6 percent (+0.1 percent)
3. Nebraska -- 3.4 percent (-0.2 percent)
2. South Dakota -- 3.3 percent (-0.1 percent)
1. North Dakota -- 2.8 percent (no change)
John Palminteri photo
A brownish creature, with sharp teeth and claws, is deceased on the beach in Santa Barbara after the latest storm, and many people are wondering what it is.
Lindsay Cullom paid months in advance for laser skin removal before her May wedding day and Tahiti honeymoon, but when she called for an appointment she just got a busy signal.
Paso Robles Police are investigating a burglary that happened early Friday morning at Sky Nails and Spa in the 2300 block of Theatre Drive.
Curator of Vertebrate Zoology Paul Collins at the Santa Barbara Natural History museum solves the mystery of the creature on East Beach.
Officer Rafael Ramos sat in the driver's seat. Officer Wenjian Liu was at his side. The two New York City cops weren't at their usual precinct -- normally, the pair was assigned to downtown Brooklyn.
Four interns are manning the kettles in the hopes of getting a letter of recommendation for their resumes.
Santa Maria High School senior Carlos Balderas is just a few fights away from earning a place on the 2016 United States Olympic boxing team.
James Mosby has been sworn in as the newest member of the Lompoc City Council at a special meeting held on Saturday morning.
According to Thrillist, every U.S. state is bad at something. Find out where your state falls short.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.