Buoyed by the stock market, the average net worth of the richest people in America has hit a record $5.7 billion, up $700 million from last year, according to Forbes.
Take a look at the 10 richest people in America.
12. S. Robson Walton -- The son of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. founder Sam Walton and chairman of Walmart's net worth is $39.1 billion.
11. Alice Walton -- The daughter of Walmart founder Sam Walton and chairwoman of the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is worth an estimated $34.9 billion.
8. Michael Bloomberg, former New York City mayor, founder and owner of Bloomberg LP, philanthropist. Net worth: $35 billion.
7. Jim Walton, chairman and chief executive officer of Arvest Bank Group Inc. Net worth: $36 billion.
6. Christy Walton & family, Walmart heiress and co-chair of the Children's Scholarship Fund. Net worth: $38 billion.
4. David Koch (tie), along with brother Charles, David is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $42 billion.
4. Charles Koch (tie), along with brother David, Charles is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $42 billion.
3. Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle. Net worth: $50 billion.
2. Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. Net worth: $67 billion.
1. Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft Corp., is also co-chairman of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Net worth: $81 billion.
To read more about the wealthiest Americans, go to Forbes.com.
Photo Courtesy: Santa Barbara County Fire Dept.
A woman was killed following a vehicle accident on Highway 1 just south of Jalama Road that occurred at approximately 1:23 a.m. Friday.
A marching band from Ireland will be in the July 4th parade in Santa Barbara this weekend.
Get ready for an unforgettable event as the City of Santa Barbara and its partners celebrate the Fourth of July All-American Patriotic Celebration at West Beach this coming Saturday.
Grover Beach Police recovered a vintage 1967 Cardinal Low-Boy Trailer this week.
After a two month investigation, DNA evidence linked 55-year-old Jose Guadlupe Langarcia of Oxnard to a kidnapping and rape near Oxnard State Beach Park.
Authorities are on the lookout for two suspects connected to an early morning robbery in Grover Beach.
If you enjoy lunch or dinner today at Joe's Crab Shack in Ventura, a portion of your check will help grant wishes of sick kids in our community!
While many will be cheering the sights and sounds of fireworks this weekend, some combat veterans struggle with post-traumatic stress disorder during this time of the year.
U.S. National Archives
The United States declares its independence, an "Iron Horse" retires, the Beach Boys hit No. 1 for the first time, and we lose three presidents, all on this day.
Chocolate isn't the only human food that can do harm to your dog. Click through for a brief refresher on what could be poisonous to your pooch.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.