Buoyed by the stock market, the average net worth of the richest people in America has hit a record $5.7 billion, up $700 million from last year, according to Forbes.
Take a look at the 10 richest people in America.
10. S. Robson Walton -- The son of Walmart Stores Inc founder Sam Walton and chairman of Walmart's net worth is $34.8 billion.
9. Alice Walton (pictured with brothers Rob and Jim) -- The daughter of Walmart founder Sam Walton and chairwoman of the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is worth an estimated $34.9 billion.
8. Michael Bloomberg, former New York City mayor, founder and owner of Bloomberg LP, philanthropist. Net worth: $35 billion.
7. Jim Walton, chairman and chief executive officer of Arvest Bank Group Inc. Net worth: $36 billion.
6. Christy Walton & family, Walmart heiress and co-chair of the Children's Scholarship Fund. Net worth: $38 billion.
4. David Koch (tie), along with brother Charles, David is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $42 billion.
4. Charles Koch (tie), along with brother David, Charles is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $42 billion.
3. Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle. Net worth: $50 billion.
2. Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. Net worth: $67 billion.
1. Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft Corp., is also co-chairman of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Net worth: $81 billion.
To read more about the wealthiest Americans, go to Forbes.com.
Weeks of meetings have resulted in a sweeping game plan to deal with the unsanctioned Isla Vista street party set for Halloween night. Sheriff Bill Brown plans a large law enforcement presence.
Santa Barbara Mayor Helene Schneider announced Thursday the creation of a new Bellosguardo Foundation and revealed the names of the Foundation's Board of Directors.
Locals and tourists got a treat in downtown Santa Barbara Wednesday afternoon just in time for Halloween.
Lompoc Police Chief Patrick Walsh has been on the job for about a month and now has a third officer who's been criminally charged this year while off-duty.
Santa Barbara area Target customers must continue to trek to Ventura or Santa Maria, after the retailer backed out of plans for a new store in Goleta.
A controversial plan by the Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indian Tribe to annex more than 1,400 acres of mainly agricultural land in the Santa Ynez Valley into its sovereign nation through the fee-to-trust process has cleared a major hurdle.
A dispute reportedly over cash, led to a felony drug arrest in the Santa Barbara harbor Wednesday night.
Air bags made by Takada are being recalled in 7.8 million cars made by nearly a dozen automakers including Honda, Toyota, Nissan, BMW and Chrysler.
Private wealth consultancy Wealth-X has compiled a list of the richest person in each of the 50 U.S. states. Take a look at some of the more notable wealthy figures and find out where they reside.
When the undead rise up, you won't want to be in paradise. Honolulu is the most "appetizing" U.S. city for zombies, according to a fun new set of rankings.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.