Buoyed by public markets, the average net worth of America's 400 richest people has risen by $800 million to a record $5 billion, according to Forbes.
Take a look at the richest people in America.
10. Michael Bloomberg, New York City mayor. Net worth: $31 billion.
9. S. Robson Walton -- The son of Walmart Stores Inc founder Sam Walton and chairman of Walmart's net worth is $34.2 billion.
8. Alice Walton (pictured with brothers Rob and Jim) -- The daughter of Walmart founder Sam Walton and chairwoman of the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is worth an estimated $34.3 billion.
7. Jim Walton, chairman and chief executive officer of Arvest Bank Group Inc. Net worth: $33.8 billion.
6. Christy Walton & family, WalMart heiress. Net worth: $35.4 billion.
4. David Koch (tie), along with brother Charles, David is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $36 billion.
4. Charles Koch (tie), along with brother David, Charles is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $36 billion.
3. Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle. Net worth: $41 billion.
2. Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. Net worth: $58.5 billion.
1. Bill Gates, chairman and co-founder of Microsoft Corp., is also co-chairman of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Net worth: $72 billion.
To read more about the wealthiest Americans, go to Forbes.com.
The Santa Maria Police Department blocked two roads near the Courthouse as a safety precaution Monday morning.
A photographer and former extreme water sports junkie, once strangers have now become friends and teammates. Both share the love for the Central Coast, and they are using that passion to help raise money for a good cause.
Isla Vista residents, which includes UC Santa Barbara and Santa Barbara City College students, are already seeing more signs of law enforcement.
It's a challenge that has gone viral. It's known as "The Cold Water Challenge," but could this latest trend be harmful to your health?
A new aviation program is taking off at Santa Barbara Business College. It is a two-year, Associate of Science Aviation program. The inaugural class takes off in October.
Santa Barbara City Firefighters had trouble getting to an injured paraglider due to changed locks at the Douglas Family Preserve.
With high heat and low humidity over the weekend, plus a forecast for strong winds, Red Flag Alert signs were posted by the Eucalyptus Hill Homeowners Association.
Pacific Wildlife Care released a 'Great Horned Owl,' on Labor Day Monday.
Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton are only the latest celebrities facing nude photo scandals. Check out the others.
Courtesy of NOAA/Institute for Exploration/University of Rhode Island
The last passenger pigeon dies, World War II begins, the Soviet Union shoots down a Korean airliner, and the wreck of the Titanic is discovered, all on this day.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.