Buoyed by the stock market, the average net worth of the richest people in America has hit a record $5.7 billion, up $700 million from last year, according to Forbes.
Take a look at the 10 richest people in America.
12. S. Robson Walton -- The son of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. founder Sam Walton and chairman of Walmart's net worth is $39.1 billion.
11. Alice Walton -- The daughter of Walmart founder Sam Walton and chairwoman of the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is worth an estimated $34.9 billion.
8. Michael Bloomberg, former New York City mayor, founder and owner of Bloomberg LP, philanthropist. Net worth: $35 billion.
7. Jim Walton, chairman and chief executive officer of Arvest Bank Group Inc. Net worth: $36 billion.
6. Christy Walton & family, Walmart heiress and co-chair of the Children's Scholarship Fund. Net worth: $38 billion.
4. David Koch (tie), along with brother Charles, David is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $42 billion.
4. Charles Koch (tie), along with brother David, Charles is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $42 billion.
3. Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle. Net worth: $50 billion.
2. Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. Net worth: $67 billion.
1. Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft Corp., is also co-chairman of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Net worth: $81 billion.
To read more about the wealthiest Americans, go to Forbes.com.
The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office released information regarding the death of an inmate on Thanksgiving Day.
Had too much to drink? Call Uber and get home safe. But, what if the Uber driver is drunker than you.
Paul Mihalec/KEYT News
A power outage made Thanksgiving a little more complicated for 149 people in Santa Barbara.
Santa Barbara City firefighters worked to put out a garage fire in a home on the 700 block of Calle Palo Colorado on Thanksgiving Day.
Keith Carls photo
Santa Maria Police are investigating a stabbing near the Town Center Mall Wednesday afternoon.
Tony Cabrera, Meteorologist Meredith Garofalo, and our morning show team want to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving.
The last minute rush to buy groceries for Thanksgiving meals made for long lines, but those lines were even longer on Wednesday due to Haggen store closings.
Residents with disabilities were given a special Thanksgiving lunch today hosted by the Kiwanis staff.
Jason Kempin/Getty Images
As you carve into the Thanksgiving turkey this year, here are some celebrity vegetarians that most likely won't be joining you.
Ethan Miller/Getty Images for Clear Channel
Here is a list of some of the notable public figures, athletes, musicians, artists and actors we've lost in 2015.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.