Buoyed by public markets, the average net worth of America's 400 richest people has risen by $800 million to a record $5 billion, according to Forbes.
Take a look at the richest people in America.
10. Michael Bloomberg, New York City mayor. Net worth: $31 billion.
9. S. Robson Walton -- The son of Walmart Stores Inc founder Sam Walton and chairman of Walmart's net worth is $34.2 billion.
8. Alice Walton (pictured with brothers Rob and Jim) -- The daughter of Walmart founder Sam Walton and chairwoman of the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is worth an estimated $34.3 billion.
7. Jim Walton, chairman and chief executive officer of Arvest Bank Group Inc. Net worth: $33.8 billion.
6. Christy Walton & family, WalMart heiress. Net worth: $35.4 billion.
4. David Koch (tie), along with brother Charles, David is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $36 billion.
4. Charles Koch (tie), along with brother David, Charles is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $36 billion.
3. Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle. Net worth: $41 billion.
2. Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. Net worth: $58.5 billion.
1. Bill Gates, chairman and co-founder of Microsoft Corp., is also co-chairman of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Net worth: $72 billion.
To read more about the wealthiest Americans, go to Forbes.com.
Two construction workers came crashing down when a scaffolding fell apart while they were working on a two story home on Shoreline Drive in Santa Barbara this morning.
An 18-year-old man dies from his injuries after his motorcycle crashed with a car in Ventura.
Everyone loves bacon. And cheese. But stuffed into a pizza crust?
Access to one of the Channel Islands is cut off while repairs are done to a dock on Santa Barbara Island.
San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's deputies have arrested a 38-year-old Cayucos man for alleged child abuse and rape.
Isla Vista residents, which includes UC Santa Barbara and Santa Barbara City College students, are already seeing more signs of law enforcement.
A new aviation program is taking off at Santa Barbara Business College. It is a two-year, Associate of Science Aviation program. The inaugural class takes off in October.
It's a challenge that has gone viral. It's known as "The Cold Water Challenge," but could this latest trend be harmful to your health?
Justin Bieber has been arrested again, this time for an alleged fight after an accident. Take a look back at Bieber's long history of bad behavior.
Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton are only the latest celebrities facing nude photo scandals. Check out the others.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.