Buoyed by public markets, the average net worth of America's 400 richest people has risen by $800 million to a record $5 billion, according to Forbes.
Take a look at the richest people in America.
10. Michael Bloomberg, New York City mayor. Net worth: $31 billion.
9. S. Robson Walton -- The son of Walmart Stores Inc founder Sam Walton and chairman of Walmart's net worth is $34.2 billion.
8. Alice Walton (pictured with brothers Rob and Jim) -- The daughter of Walmart founder Sam Walton and chairwoman of the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is worth an estimated $34.3 billion.
7. Jim Walton, chairman and chief executive officer of Arvest Bank Group Inc. Net worth: $33.8 billion.
6. Christy Walton & family, WalMart heiress. Net worth: $35.4 billion.
4. David Koch (tie), along with brother Charles, David is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $36 billion.
4. Charles Koch (tie), along with brother David, Charles is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $36 billion.
3. Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle. Net worth: $41 billion.
2. Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. Net worth: $58.5 billion.
1. Bill Gates, chairman and co-founder of Microsoft Corp., is also co-chairman of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Net worth: $72 billion.
To read more about the wealthiest Americans, go to Forbes.com.
Daniel Perez died in a wrong-way freeway crash hours after attending his first day of school during what would have been his Junior Year at San Marcos High School.
UPDATE: A student at San Marcos High School was killed in a Wednesday night head-on accident that snarled northbound Highway 101 traffic much of Thursday morning.
It's a challenge that has gone viral. It's known as "The Cold Water Challenge," but could this latest trend be harmful to your health?
A small Mercedes Benz sedan ended up at the front doors of the Lazy Acres Market in Santa Barbara today, when a driver lost control.
Did you miss the clip of your favorite player or just want to watch the highlights again? We've got you covered! Immediately following the broadcast, we will be posting the entire show on www.keyt.com/fff.
Bumper-to-bumper traffic stretched from Santa Barbara to Ventura during Thursday's morning commute.
The murder of a child in Santa Barbara 35 years ago sent shock waves throughout the community. Now the family's tragedy is getting national attention.
After years of planning, design, funding and construction, bike riders and drivers will soon be able to use new lanes on Highway 101 between Carpinteria and Ventura.
Test your knowledge and see if you can pass a Common Core fifth-grade math test.
Add Kendall Jenner to the long list of celebrities who go by one name. The Kardashian clan member says she's ditching her last name to boost her modeling career.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.