Buoyed by the stock market, the average net worth of the richest people in America has hit a record $5.7 billion, up $700 million from last year, according to Forbes.
Take a look at the 10 richest people in America.
12. S. Robson Walton -- The son of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. founder Sam Walton and chairman of Walmart's net worth is $39.1 billion.
11. Alice Walton -- The daughter of Walmart founder Sam Walton and chairwoman of the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is worth an estimated $34.9 billion.
8. Michael Bloomberg, former New York City mayor, founder and owner of Bloomberg LP, philanthropist. Net worth: $35 billion.
7. Jim Walton, chairman and chief executive officer of Arvest Bank Group Inc. Net worth: $36 billion.
6. Christy Walton & family, Walmart heiress and co-chair of the Children's Scholarship Fund. Net worth: $38 billion.
4. David Koch (tie), along with brother Charles, David is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $42 billion.
4. Charles Koch (tie), along with brother David, Charles is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $42 billion.
3. Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle. Net worth: $50 billion.
2. Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. Net worth: $67 billion.
1. Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft Corp., is also co-chairman of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Net worth: $81 billion.
To read more about the wealthiest Americans, go to Forbes.com.
A Santa Barbara-based law firm has filed a wage and hour class action lawsuit against Sansum Clinic.
Two people are in critical condition after a head-on collision outside of Guadalupe.
In the tight-knit town of Guadalupe, residents are talking about a plan that would invite adult stores into the small business community.
Much like the information coming from our First Alert weather center, people along the coast are feeling rather certain wet weather is going to bear down on us soon after more than four years of drought.
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County turns away 2.2 million pounds of food or the equivalent of 1.8 million meals per year due to lack of space at its Goleta locations.
Source: San Luis Obispo Co. Sheriff's Dept.
The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help to locate an inmate who walked away from a daily work program at Camp San Luis Obispo Monday morning.
Local homeless have somewhere to go to come in from the cold.
The University of California is putting some of its money behind an effort to create climate solutions.
Marek Szczepanek/Wikimedia Commons
How much would it cost to give someone "The Twelve Days of Christmas?" Find out the updated total for 2015, according to the annual Christmas Price Index compiled by PNC Wealth Management.
Severe weather hit parts of the U.S. including Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Colorado causing several fatalities.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.