Buoyed by the stock market, the average net worth of the richest people in America has hit a record $5.7 billion, up $700 million from last year, according to Forbes.
Take a look at the 10 richest people in America.
12. S. Robson Walton -- The son of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. founder Sam Walton and chairman of Walmart's net worth is $39.1 billion.
11. Alice Walton -- The daughter of Walmart founder Sam Walton and chairwoman of the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is worth an estimated $34.9 billion.
8. Michael Bloomberg, former New York City mayor, founder and owner of Bloomberg LP, philanthropist. Net worth: $35 billion.
7. Jim Walton, chairman and chief executive officer of Arvest Bank Group Inc. Net worth: $36 billion.
6. Christy Walton & family, Walmart heiress and co-chair of the Children's Scholarship Fund. Net worth: $38 billion.
4. David Koch (tie), along with brother Charles, David is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $42 billion.
4. Charles Koch (tie), along with brother David, Charles is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $42 billion.
3. Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle. Net worth: $50 billion.
2. Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. Net worth: $67 billion.
1. Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft Corp., is also co-chairman of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Net worth: $81 billion.
To read more about the wealthiest Americans, go to Forbes.com.
Cameron Artis-Payne is a rookie with the Panthers
Amanda Valdes photo
Police say two adult males were stabbed just before 2 a.m. Saturday in the 600 block of East Tunnell Street in the City of Santa Maria.
Source: Santa Barbara Co. Police Dept.
The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office is investigating a bank robbery that occurred at the Buellton Rabobank Friday afternoon.
Johnson Family Dental hosted its 12th annual Dentistry of Love event on Saturday.
The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department announced that inmate Duanying Chen was released directly to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials.
Rachel McAdams, Michael Keaton and Mark Ruffalo are the recipients of the 2016 American Riviera Award.
The Santa Barbara International Film Festival presented five actors with the Virtuosos Award.
Source: SLO Police Department
Anthony Stevens accused of trying to hire undercover cop as hitman.
Oscar Flores photo
Michael Keaton and Rachel McAdams sat together on-stage at the Arlington Theater for a 2-hour tribute to their body of work before being awarded with the SBIFF's American Riviera Award.
The Santa Barbara International Film Festival kicked off it's opening night with The Little Prince, starring Jeff Bridges and Mackenzie Foy, and Directed by Mark Osborne.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.