Buoyed by the stock market, the average net worth of the richest people in America has hit a record $5.7 billion, up $700 million from last year, according to Forbes.
Take a look at the 10 richest people in America.
17. S. Robson Walton -- The son of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. founder Sam Walton, S. Robson Walton is chairman of Walmart and has a net worth of $31.9 billion.
16. Alice Walton -- The daughter of Walmart founder Sam Walton and chairwoman of the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is worth an estimated $32.3 billion.
8. Michael Bloomberg, former New York City mayor, founder and owner of Bloomberg LP, philanthropist. Net worth: $35 billion.
7. Jim Walton, chairman and chief executive officer of Arvest Bank Group Inc. Net worth: $36 billion.
6. Christy Walton & family, Walmart heiress and co-chair of the Children's Scholarship Fund. Net worth: $38 billion.
4. David Koch (tie), along with brother Charles, David is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $42 billion.
4. Charles Koch (tie), along with brother David, Charles is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $42 billion.
3. Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle. Net worth: $50 billion.
2. Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. Net worth: $67 billion.
1. Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft Corp., is also co-chairman of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Net worth: $81 billion.
To read more about the wealthiest Americans, go to Forbes.com.
Two people are dead after two passenger cars crashed head-on near the area of Santa Lucia Canyon Road and Klein Boulevard just north of Lompoc Sunday afternoon.
A Sheriff's Deputy collided with an ambulance while they had been working together on Saturday night.
Source: Grover Beach Police Department
Grover Beach police released more information into a fatal hit-and-run investigation that occurred Saturday night shorty before 10 p.m., including the arrest of the suspect several hours later.
The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office needs the public's help to locate a suspect whom they say followed a child and mother home after touching his genitals in public.
Click on this thread for continued updates on the Rey Fire.Slideshow: Rey Fire Burning in Santa Barbara BackcountryLos Padres National Forest Elevates Fire RestrictionsAir Quality Watch Issued for Santa Barbara County Due to Rey Fire
he Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum has extended the Vatican Splendors: A Journey Through Faith and Art.
Residents of the private Cal Shasta community began returning to their homes this morning - with a little helping hand from the American Red Cross.
A group of people held signs and urged drivers to slow down on Cliff Drive on Saturday.
Santa Barbara County fire crews are responding to a brush fire reported near the White Rock campground off Paradise Road in the Santa Barbara backcountry.
For continued updates, click here.
Giuseppe Bellini/Getty Images
A powerful 6.2-magnitude earthquake struck Italy about 100 miles northeast of Rome early on the morning of Aug. 24. The damage was significant and the death toll is climbing.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.