Buoyed by the stock market, the average net worth of the richest people in America has hit a record $5.7 billion, up $700 million from last year, according to Forbes.
Take a look at the 10 richest people in America.
12. S. Robson Walton -- The son of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. founder Sam Walton and chairman of Walmart's net worth is $39.1 billion.
11. Alice Walton -- The daughter of Walmart founder Sam Walton and chairwoman of the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is worth an estimated $34.9 billion.
8. Michael Bloomberg, former New York City mayor, founder and owner of Bloomberg LP, philanthropist. Net worth: $35 billion.
7. Jim Walton, chairman and chief executive officer of Arvest Bank Group Inc. Net worth: $36 billion.
6. Christy Walton & family, Walmart heiress and co-chair of the Children's Scholarship Fund. Net worth: $38 billion.
4. David Koch (tie), along with brother Charles, David is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $42 billion.
4. Charles Koch (tie), along with brother David, Charles is co-owner and executive vice president of Koch Industries. Net worth: $42 billion.
3. Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle. Net worth: $50 billion.
2. Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. Net worth: $67 billion.
1. Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft Corp., is also co-chairman of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Net worth: $81 billion.
To read more about the wealthiest Americans, go to Forbes.com.
An Oxnard couple operated under a hidden agenda for almost six months.
Araceli Martin, 35, and her husband Guillermo Martin, 39, were arrested on the 1800 block of Pericles Place Thursday for concealing the identity of a sex offender.
Click above for the latest detailsSanta Barbara Zoo Helps With Oil Spill AnimalsSea Lion Found On Local Beach Oily Birds Treated at San Pedro Center Aerial View of Oil Spill A Closer Look At The Refugio Pipeline Slideshow: Santa Barbara County Oil Spill
DAVE ALLEY PHOTO
The Santa Ynez Valley property that once served as the late pop star's home and personal fantasyland is being listed at $100 million, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Santa Barbara Aviation gives NewsChannel 3 the best view of the Refugio oil spill from up in the sky.
Santa Maria is looking to clean up its image one neighborhood at a time and they're looking for a few good men and women to help with the effort.
Photo Courtesy: Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Dept.
The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Search and Rescue Team is looking for new members to fill its next search and rescue training academy.
Dave Alley photo
Kids came by the thousands on Thursday morning to the Santa Maria Elks Unocal Event Center. While their fellow classmates were in school, for a select group of local students, they spent a couple of hours enjoying pure rodeo action.
Thursday afternoon, Special Olympics Santa Barbara hosted the 7th Annual Inspire Greatness Luncheon at the Santa Barbara Courthouse Sunken Gardens.
Photo gallery of the Refugio Oil Spill.
CNN, CNC3, Facebook, WPLG, FIFA TV
While the United States proceeds with legal pressure against FIFA, its corporate sponsors have made their positions clear.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.