A ticket sold in Northern California has won the $425 million Powerball jackpot -- the sixth-largest in U.S. history. Take a look at the top 10 biggest U.S. lottery jackpots of all time.
10. $363 million (The Big Game, precursor to Mega Millions) -- Won in May 2000 by two tickets purchased in Illinois and Michigan.
9. $365 million (Powerball) -- Won in February 2006 by one ticket purchased in Nebraska.
8. $380 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in January 2011 by two tickets purchased in Idaho and Washington.
7. $390 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in March 2007 by two tickets sold in Georgia and New Jersey.
6. $425 million (Powerball) -- Won in February 2014 by one ticket purchased in Northern California.
5. $448 million (Powerball) -- Won in August 2013 by three tickets -- two in New Jersey and one in Minnesota.
4. $587.5 million (Powerball) -- Won in November 2012 by two tickets purchased in Arizona and Missouri.
3. $590.5 million (Powerball) -- Won in May 2013 by Gloria C. MacKenzie, 84, of Zephyrhills, Fla. She is noted as the largest sole lottery winner in U.S. history.
2. $636 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in December 2013 by two tickets sold in Georgia and California.
1. $656 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in March 2012 by three tickets purchased in Kansas, Illinois and Maryland. This is noted as the largest cash payout in American lottery history.
An extensive investigation is underway to determine the cause of death in a triple fatal rollover accident Monday morning in Santa Barbara.
Benches have been removed in a two block area of State Street between Haley and Ortega Streets in downtown Santa Barbara. The city says they are being cleaned and repaired.
Santa Barbara County Sheriff candidates squared-off at a candidates forum Wednesday night.
The 101 southbound through Santa Barbara reopened just before 12:30 Monday afternoon as authorities investigate what they say was a deadly two car DUI accident.
A UCSB student group is boycotting a local business for creating the Deltopia Facebook page, which they said brought in thousands of outsiders to the small college town.
Deadly diseases that were a thing of the past are making a comeback in California.
Goleta Mayor Roger Aceves is running for Santa Barbara County Supervisor.
A new academy at Santa Barbara High School will give students a leg up on a high-tech career.
People magazine recently named Lupita Nyong'o its "World's Most Beautiful" for 2014. See which other ladies earned a coveted spot on the annual list.
Sony Pictures Television
With Tony Danza marking his 63rd birthday on Monday, join us for a look at what he and the rest of the cast of "Who's the Boss?" are up to today.