A ticket sold in Northern California has won the $425 million Powerball jackpot -- the sixth-largest in U.S. history. Take a look at the top 10 biggest U.S. lottery jackpots of all time.
10. $363 million (The Big Game, precursor to Mega Millions) -- Won in May 2000 by two tickets purchased in Illinois and Michigan.
9. $365 million (Powerball) -- Won in February 2006 by one ticket purchased in Nebraska.
8. $380 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in January 2011 by two tickets purchased in Idaho and Washington.
7. $390 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in March 2007 by two tickets sold in Georgia and New Jersey.
6. $425 million (Powerball) -- Won in February 2014 by one ticket purchased in Northern California.
5. $448 million (Powerball) -- Won in August 2013 by three tickets -- two in New Jersey and one in Minnesota.
4. $587.5 million (Powerball) -- Won in November 2012 by two tickets purchased in Arizona and Missouri.
3. $590.5 million (Powerball) -- Won in May 2013 by Gloria C. MacKenzie, 84, of Zephyrhills, Fla. She is noted as the largest sole lottery winner in U.S. history.
2. $636 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in December 2013 by two tickets sold in Georgia and California.
1. $656 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in March 2012 by three tickets purchased in Kansas, Illinois and Maryland. This is noted as the largest cash payout in American lottery history.
The couple was stranded for days along with thousands of other U.S. tourists
City Council decided to move forward with a private investigation from an unbiased outside investigator to find out what really happened between two city employees.
Rallies drew crowds across the country and here at home
The volunteers took park in "Coastal Cleanup Day"
Chelsea Accuna says, “from the first time [she] used,” heroine she became common else.
An exotic plant sale brought in thousands of dollars to Lotusland this weekend.
The arrival of the Crown Princess cruise ship off Stearns Wharf has been a welcome sign for Santa Barbara. It will give the local economy a boost going into the fall months.
The poverty rate in California declined in 2013, but according to a recent statewide study, one in seven Californians live below the poverty line and over a third of these people are children.
The "She is Beautiful" 5k and 10k runs benefiting the Girls Inc. of Santa Barbara, took place this Saturday along the waterfront with the route going into Montecito.
Photography by Oscar Flores
From legendary actors to fashion designers, take a look at the most notable deaths of 2014.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.