A ticket sold in Northern California has won the $425 million Powerball jackpot -- the sixth-largest in U.S. history. Take a look at the top 10 biggest U.S. lottery jackpots of all time.
10. $363 million (The Big Game, precursor to Mega Millions) -- Won in May 2000 by two tickets purchased in Illinois and Michigan.
9. $365 million (Powerball) -- Won in February 2006 by one ticket purchased in Nebraska.
8. $380 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in January 2011 by two tickets purchased in Idaho and Washington.
7. $390 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in March 2007 by two tickets sold in Georgia and New Jersey.
6. $425 million (Powerball) -- Won in February 2014 by one ticket purchased in Northern California.
5. $448 million (Powerball) -- Won in August 2013 by three tickets -- two in New Jersey and one in Minnesota.
4. $587.5 million (Powerball) -- Won in November 2012 by two tickets purchased in Arizona and Missouri.
3. $590.5 million (Powerball) -- Won in May 2013 by Gloria C. MacKenzie, 84, of Zephyrhills, Fla. She is noted as the largest sole lottery winner in U.S. history.
2. $636 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in December 2013 by two tickets sold in Georgia and California.
1. $656 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in March 2012 by three tickets purchased in Kansas, Illinois and Maryland. This is noted as the largest cash payout in American lottery history.
John Palminteri photo
A brownish creature, with sharp teeth and claws, is deceased on the beach in Santa Barbara after the latest storm, and many people are wondering what it is.
Curator of Vertebrate Zoology Paul Collins at the Santa Barbara Natural History museum solves the mystery of the creature on East Beach.
Source:: Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department
Three men have been arrested in connection with a stabbing that happened in Old Town Goleta on November 21st.
The Oxnard Police Department is investigating its third deadly shooting in just three days.
A rollover that happened early Thursday morning closed down the eastbound lane of Highway 217 near UC Santa Barbara.
The Dream Foundation canceled plans to send an Oregon family to Disneyland when the dreamer dad died.
President Obama announced on Wednesday that he is easing restrictions against Cuba allowing goods back to the U.S.
Santa Barbara CHP
California Highway Patrol officers dropped off donated toys to the Unity Shoppe in Santa Barbara.
Jamie Urqhart/River Dee Trust
Several strange frozen saucers were found during a recent cold snap on a river in Scotland. Take a look at the unusual images.
Three wrecked boats have been crushed and removed from Santa Barbara beaches, before they become hazards to the near shore environment.John Palminteri Photos
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.