A ticket sold in Northern California has won the $425 million Powerball jackpot -- the sixth-largest in U.S. history. Take a look at the top 10 biggest U.S. lottery jackpots of all time.
10. $363 million (The Big Game, precursor to Mega Millions) -- Won in May 2000 by two tickets purchased in Illinois and Michigan.
9. $365 million (Powerball) -- Won in February 2006 by one ticket purchased in Nebraska.
8. $380 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in January 2011 by two tickets purchased in Idaho and Washington.
7. $390 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in March 2007 by two tickets sold in Georgia and New Jersey.
6. $425 million (Powerball) -- Won in February 2014 by one ticket purchased in Northern California.
5. $448 million (Powerball) -- Won in August 2013 by three tickets -- two in New Jersey and one in Minnesota.
4. $587.5 million (Powerball) -- Won in November 2012 by two tickets purchased in Arizona and Missouri.
3. $590.5 million (Powerball) -- Won in May 2013 by Gloria C. MacKenzie, 84, of Zephyrhills, Fla. She is noted as the largest sole lottery winner in U.S. history.
2. $636 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in December 2013 by two tickets sold in Georgia and California.
1. $656 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in March 2012 by three tickets purchased in Kansas, Illinois and Maryland. This is noted as the largest cash payout in American lottery history.
Two unconnected overseas emergencies -- the Ebola outbreak in West Africa and Islamic terrorists in Iraq and Syria -- are prompting President Barack Obama to embark on a two-day U.S. road trip.
A driver was airlifted to Cottage Hospital after they lost control of their car early Monday morning.
The suspects, believed to be five women, got away with thousands in cash.
Six current and former University of California Santa Barbara students have filed a federal complaint against the university claiming the administration mishandled their sexual assault cases.
Six suspected gang members from Santa Maria are behind bars accused of attempted murder.
Reverend Frank Schaefer's reinstatement being challenged by Methodist Church Judicial Council
Santa Barbara police officers are investigating a bank robbery Monday.
Cal Fire was called out to the intersection of Scenic View Way and Camino Mariposa in Nipomo Sunday around 1:30.
California Highway Patrol has identified the man who died in the early morning crash on highway 101.
Could you hit a deer in the next 12 months? The odds are higher this year nationally. Find out the chances in your state.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.