Embarking on a job search? Take a look at the best jobs in America for this coming year, which CNN Money compiled based on big growth, great pay and satisfying work.
18. Personal financial advisors: 5,212 jobs added, 3 percent growth
17. Cost estimators: 6,781 jobs added, 3 percent growth
16. Meeting, convention and event planners: 7,072 jobs added, 10 percent growth
15. Database administrators: 7,468 jobs added, 7 percent growth
14. Logisticians: 8,522 jobs added, 8 percent growth
13. Public relations specialists: 8,541 jobs added, 4 percent growth
12. Financial analysts: 10,016 jobs added, 4 percent growth
11. Computer programmers: 11,540 jobs added, 3 percent growth
10. Industrial engineers: 12,269 jobs added, 6 percent growth
9. Mechanical engineers: 13,847 jobs added, 6 percent growth
8. Information security analysts, web developers and computer network architects: 15,715 jobs added, 5 percent growth
7. Sales representatives for wholesale and manufacturing or technical and scientific fields: 17,405 jobs added, 4 percent growth
6. Network and computer systems administrators — 18,626 jobs added, 5 percent growth
5. Human resources, training and labor relations specialists: 22,773 jobs added, 5 percent growth
4. Computer systems analysts: 26,937 jobs added, 5 percent growth
3. Market research analysts and marketing specialists: 31,335 jobs added, 10 percent growth
2. Accountants and auditors: 37,123 jobs added, 3 percent growth
1. Software developers for applications and systems software: 70,872 jobs added, 7 percent growth
Nataly Tavidian photo
A rash of rumors prompted administrators at Righetti High School Friday to close early for Thanksgiving.
Santa Barbara County sheriff's deputies are looking for a suspect responsible for a stabbing in downtown Goleta.
Twitter photo/ @YoungJalen04
Santa Barbara County Sheriff's deputies responded to Righetti High School shortly after 12:30 p.m. after a series of fights break out on campus.
The high school went on lockdown at 12:45 p.m. Saint Joseph High School, on the 4100 block of South Bradley Road. is also on lockdown.
The National Disaster Search Dog Foundation is building a new training center and is getting help from local military men and women with its construction.
Investors certainly had an appetite for The Habit burger chain during its Thursday debut on the NASDAQ.
Local resident Forrest Galante caught the Pacific Spiny lobster near Anacapa Island in the middle of the night.
Righetti High School students are having an early Thanksgiving break after rumors and social media speculation disrupted classes today.
Oscar Flores photo
Ten volunteers helped collect trash from the illegal pot farm located on the side of a steep hill in Happy Canyon in the Santa Ynez Valley.
President Barack Obama announced an executive action Thursday that implements major changes to the country's immigration policies. Click on to find out more about the changes.
A notorious pirate is captured and killed, RCA Victor buys Elvis' contract from Sun Records, the nation mourns a president, The Beatles release "The White Album," and "Toy Story" premieres, all on this day.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.