Take a look at the cities with the highest proportion of households making more than $191,469, putting them in the top 5 percent of income earners nationally, according to a census data analysis by CBS Money Watch.
10. Napa, Calif. High-income households: 9.3 percent.
9. Boulder, Colo. High-income households: 9.4 percent.
8. Boston. High-income households: 9.7 percent
7. Thousand Oaks, Calif. High-income households: 9.7 percent.
6. New York. High-income households: 10 percent.
5. Trenton, N.J. High-income households: 11.6 percent.
4. San Francisco. High-income households: 13 percent.
3. Washington, D.C. High-income households: 14.1 percent.
2. San Jose, Calif. High-income households: 15.9 percent.
1. Stamford, Conn. High-income households: 17.9 percent.
It's a challenge that has gone viral. It's known as "The Cold Water Challenge," but could this latest trend be harmful to your health?
Family and friends have turned to social media to mourn the killing of Javier Alcantar Limon, a 37-year old father from Santa Maria. His body was found by workers in a Guadalupe field Tuesday morning.
Thousands of strange sea creatures are washing ashore on California beaches, puzzling tourists and thrilling scientists quick to explain the phenomenon.
A parade of boats powering bright lights at night is showing up between Carpinteria and Santa Barbara, very close to shore.
"We have a squid run going on right out in front of Santa Barbara," said Santa Barbara Harbor Operations Manager Mick Kronman.
Police find nothing at Campbell Hall on the UCSB campus after a bomb threat was called in midday Wednesday.
A family-owned Buellton restaurant served customer number 1,000,000 over the weekend, and handed a prize to the lucky winner.
A new injection of energy and fresh ideas will be infused into the Santa Barbara Unified School District this year.
Juicy fruits and fresh crisp vegetables are perfect foods for your body, but they might be using more water during the California drought than you want to support.
The CHP is investigating the cause of a fatal car crash that happened today between Buellton And Lompoc on highway 246.
Gisele Bundchen rules the roost when it comes to the world's highest-paid models. But who else is making bank?
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.