Take a look at the cities with the highest proportion of households making more than $191,469, putting them in the top 5 percent of income earners nationally, according to a census data analysis by CBS Money Watch.
10. Napa, Calif. High-income households: 9.3 percent.
9. Boulder, Colo. High-income households: 9.4 percent.
8. Boston. High-income households: 9.7 percent
7. Thousand Oaks, Calif. High-income households: 9.7 percent.
6. New York. High-income households: 10 percent.
5. Trenton, N.J. High-income households: 11.6 percent.
4. San Francisco. High-income households: 13 percent.
3. Washington, D.C. High-income households: 14.1 percent.
2. San Jose, Calif. High-income households: 15.9 percent.
1. Stamford, Conn. High-income households: 17.9 percent.
John Palminteri photo
A brownish creature, with sharp teeth and claws, is deceased on the beach in Santa Barbara after the latest storm, and many people are wondering what it is.
The Oxnard Police Department is investigating its third deadly shooting in just three days.
The Dream Foundation canceled plans to send an Oregon family to Disneyland when the dreamer dad died.
Three wrecked boats have been crushed and removed from Santa Barbara beaches, before they become hazards to the near shore environment.
Curator of Vertebrate Zoology Paul Collins at the Santa Barbara Natural History museum solves the mystery of the creature on East Beach.
The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department says 60 year old Dale Karr is the host at Nojoqui Falls County Park and lived in a mobile home on the park property.
San Luis Obispo Police are looking for a young woman caught allegedly shoplifting by in-store surveillance cameras in downtown San Luis Obispo.
Dozens of chronically homeless people in Isla Vista have moved into new permanent housing.
Port St. Lucie Police Department
Here's a look back at some of the strange events that made national and world headlines in 2014.
French fries are in short supply at McDonald's restaurants in Japan. Take a look at interesting McDonald's dishes around the world.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.