Published On: Jul 25 2013 02:24:15 PM CDTUpdated On: Jul 26 2013 01:00:00 AM CDT
After work and sleep, most Americans have eight hours left of their day to do as they please. Here's how they spend it, according to the 2012 American Time Use Survey by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
8. Organizational, civic and religious activities
Average time spent:0.32 hours Pct. Americans engage on a given day:13.8 percent
7. Educational activities (taking a class, doing research or homework)
Average time spent:0.5 hours Pct. Americans engage on a given day:8.5 percent
6. Caring for and helping household members (caring for children, elderly parents, etc.)
Average time spent:0.51 hours Pct. Americans engage on a given day:24.5 percent
5. Purchasing goods and services (shopping)
Average time spent:0.72 hours Pct. Americans engage on a given day:41.4 percent
4. Eating and drinking
Average time spent: 1.25 hours Pct. Americans engage on a given day: 96 percent
3. Household activities (housework, mowing the lawn, etc.)
Average time spent:1.74 hours Pct. Americans engage on a given day:73.7 percent
2. Leisure and sports (watching TV, socializing, exercise, etc.)
Average time spent:5.37 hours Pct. Americans engage on a given day:96.2 percent
1. Personal care activities (sleeping, bathing/showering, etc.)
Average time spent:9.49 hours Pct. Americans engage on a given day:100 percent
More legal troubles for Washington-based grocer, Haggen. Anticouni & Associates, a Santa Barbara based employment law firm, filed a lawsuit Wednesday against the grocer for violating 'Whistleblower' laws.
Police ended the search for three people wanted in connection with the shooting death of a Fox Lake, Illinois, police officer, but authorities say the investigation continues. Here is timeline of events.
Everybody knows -- or should know -- that you should avoid saying "Xerox" when referring to photocopies, or "Coke" when asking for a soft drink. Here are 10 more words that you might not realize are also trademarked.