Published On: Jul 25 2013 02:24:15 PM CDTUpdated On: Jul 26 2013 01:00:00 AM CDT
After work and sleep, most Americans have eight hours left of their day to do as they please. Here's how they spend it, according to the 2012 American Time Use Survey by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
8. Organizational, civic and religious activities
Average time spent:0.32 hours Pct. Americans engage on a given day:13.8 percent
7. Educational activities (taking a class, doing research or homework)
Average time spent:0.5 hours Pct. Americans engage on a given day:8.5 percent
6. Caring for and helping household members (caring for children, elderly parents, etc.)
Average time spent:0.51 hours Pct. Americans engage on a given day:24.5 percent
5. Purchasing goods and services (shopping)
Average time spent:0.72 hours Pct. Americans engage on a given day:41.4 percent
4. Eating and drinking
Average time spent: 1.25 hours Pct. Americans engage on a given day: 96 percent
3. Household activities (housework, mowing the lawn, etc.)
Average time spent:1.74 hours Pct. Americans engage on a given day:73.7 percent
2. Leisure and sports (watching TV, socializing, exercise, etc.)
Average time spent:5.37 hours Pct. Americans engage on a given day:96.2 percent
1. Personal care activities (sleeping, bathing/showering, etc.)
Average time spent:9.49 hours Pct. Americans engage on a given day:100 percent
There's a disturbing trend that all parents need to be aware of. It's taking over social media, and it could have been the motivation behind a fiery accident that left a local teenager with severe burns.
Once a 12-seat restaurant in Santa Barbara, Los Arroyos now has four locations in California and Nevada as it celebrates its 16th year. For three days, several menu items have 1999 prices as a "thank you" by the owner to the customers.
Vintage World War II-era planes are on display and making commemorative flights. The highlight of the show is the B-29 bomber Superfortress “FIFI”. It is the only B-29 bomber still flying anywhere in the world.