Published On: Nov 28 2012 10:21:40 AM CSTUpdated On: May 09 2016 08:03:22 AM CDT
See where this weekend's $429.6 million winning Powerball jackpot ranks among the top 10 all-time U.S. lottery jackpots.
10. $414 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in March 2014 by two tickets purchased in Florida and Maryland.
9. $425.3 million (Powerball) -- Won in February 2014 by one ticket purchased in Northern California.
8. $429.6 million (Powerball) -- Won in May 2016 by one ticket sold at a 7-Eleven in Trenton, New Jersey.
7. $448.4 million (Powerball) -- Won in August 2013 by three tickets -- two in New Jersey and one in Minnesota.
6. $564 million -- (Powerball) The Feb. 11, 2015, Powerball jackpot jumped from $500 million the afternoon of the drawing to an estimated $564 million by the time the numbers were chosen. The numbers drawn were 25, 11, 54, 13, 39 - Powerball: 19. The winning jackpot tickets were sold in North Carolina, Texas and Puerto Rico, said Alex Traverso, California Lottery spokesman.
5. $587.5 million (Powerball) -- Won in November 2012 by two tickets purchased in Arizona and Missouri.
4. $590.5 million (Powerball) -- Won in May 2013 by Gloria C. MacKenzie, 84, of Zephyrhills, Fla. She is noted as the largest sole lottery winner in U.S. history.
3. $648 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in December 2013 by two tickets sold in Georgia and California.
2. $656 million (Mega Millions) -- Won in March 2012 by three tickets purchased in Kansas, Illinois and Maryland.
1. $1.586 billion (Powerball) -- Won in January 2016 by three tickets purchased in California, Florida and Tennessee. This is noted as the largest cash payout in American lottery history.
The search for 15-year-old Pearl Pinson continues Friday with a newly expanded area that includes the Central Coast. This comes after the Amber Alert abduction suspect Fernando Castro was shot dead in a moving gun battle Thursday in Solvang.
Emergency personnel with the Los Padres National Forest Service and Santa Barbara County Fire Department responded to an injured horse rider near the Upper Oso Campground area in the Santa Barbara back country just after 1 p.m. Friday.