Published On: Nov 03 2011 10:56:15 AM CDTUpdated On: Nov 05 2014 11:37:49 AM CST
Forbes has released its annual ranking of the world's most powerful people. The magazine took into account how many people the person has power over, the financial resources they control, their influence in several different arenas and how actively they wield their power. Here are the most powerful people of 2014:
12. Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz al-Saud, Saudi king
11. David Cameron, British prime minister
9. (tie) Sergey Brin, Google co-founder and director of special projects
9. (tie) Larry Page, Google CEO
8. Mario Draghi, European Central Bank president
7. Bill Gates, Microsoft founder
6. Janet Yellen, economist, Chair of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
5. Angela Merkel, Germany's chancellor
4. Pope Francis
3. Xi Jinping, general secretary of China's Communist Party
Comments posted by well-known environmental activist Erin Brockovich on her Facebook account has created a storm of controversy, and caught the attention of Nipomo residents regarding the City's decision to transition from using a chlorine water disinfection system to a chloramine system.
Police ended the search for three people wanted in connection with the shooting death of a Fox Lake, Illinois, police officer, but authorities say the investigation continues. Here is timeline of events.