Take a look at the 10 biggest wildfires in U.S. history as measured by acreage burned.
10. Wallow Fire (2011) -- 538,049 acres burned in Arizona and New Mexico
9. Murphy Complex Fire (2007) -- 653,100 acres burned in Idaho and Nevada
8. Yellowstone Fires (1988) -- 793,880 acres burned in Montana and Wyoming
7. Silverton Fire (1865) -- 1 million acres burned in Oregon
5. (tie) Great Michigan Fire (1871) -- 1.2 million acres burned in Michigan
5. (tie) Peshtigo Fire (1871) -- 1.2 million acres burned in Wisconsin
4. Taylor Complex Fire (2004) -- 1.3 million acres burned in Alaska
3. California Wildfires (2008) -- 1.5 million acres burned in Northern California
1. (tie) Great Fire of 1910 -- 3 million acres burned in Idaho, Montana and Washington state
1. (tie) Miramichi Fire (1825) -- 3 million acres burned in Maine and New Brunswick
The pilot of a private plane said he was "not gonna make it" when he was cleared to return to the Santa Barbara Airport moments after take off during an engine failure.
Emergency crews responded to a small plane crash on the southwest end of the Santa Barbara airport Monday afternoon.
Vicky Nguyen photo
A Santa Barbara man is asking the city to block the opening of a medial dispensary on the Lower Eastside.
Source: Julia Di Sieno
Authorities want to know who left six dead animals wrapped in plastic bags on the side of the road.
A brazen attempted burglary is caught on tape, and Oxnard police are hoping you can help them catch the criminal.
Sylvester Stallone and Carl Weathers put up their dukes like Rocky and Apollo for photographers at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival on Tuesday night.
New research published in the International Journal of Obesity weighs the value of Body Mass Index and found that 47 percent of the individuals in the overweight category were miscategorized.
Final appeal made by students, parents for staggered ceremonies.
Oscar Flores photo
Actresses Brie Larson and Saoirse Ronan were honored Monday night with the 31st Santa Barbara International Film Festival Outstanding Performers Award. Larson was unable to attend the event in person but Skyped in.
Win McNamee/Getty Images
Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Bernie Sanders cruised to early victories in the New Hampshire primary on Tuesday.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.