Take a look at the 10 biggest wildfires in U.S. history as measured by acreage burned.
10. Wallow Fire (2011) -- 538,049 acres burned in Arizona and New Mexico
9. Murphy Complex Fire (2007) -- 653,100 acres burned in Idaho and Nevada
8. Yellowstone Fires (1988) -- 793,880 acres burned in Montana and Wyoming
7. Silverton Fire (1865) -- 1 million acres burned in Oregon
5. (tie) Great Michigan Fire (1871) -- 1.2 million acres burned in Michigan
5. (tie) Peshtigo Fire (1871) -- 1.2 million acres burned in Wisconsin
4. Taylor Complex Fire (2004) -- 1.3 million acres burned in Alaska
3. California Wildfires (2008) -- 1.5 million acres burned in Northern California
1. (tie) Great Fire of 1910 -- 3 million acres burned in Idaho, Montana and Washington state
1. (tie) Miramichi Fire (1825) -- 3 million acres burned in Maine and New Brunswick
The Santa Maria Department of Social Services was shut down Friday after a mysterious white substance was found in a letter sent to the facility.
The Santa Barbara Harbor Commission and waterfront officials are trying to find a peaceful solution to a dispute in local waters because of new rules around cruise ships.
Scott Wheeler photo
A 54-year old woman was killed in a fatal accident on Rice Ranch Road in Santa Maria Thursday evening.
A San Luis Obispo man is in jail after police say he had been drinking under the influence in an early-morning traffic collision.
Police are on the lookout for a suspect they say broke into two homes in San Luis Obispo.
Within 5 days of getting out of jail on murder charges, 52-year-old Thomas Yanaga was arrested again with two accomplices for allegedly committing another attempted murder in Kings County.
Santa Barbara County Sheriff's deputies arrested a 15-year-old student at Dos Pueblos High School after a series of threatening emails were sent to a teacher and an administrator.
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo's Greek System is no longer on social probation.
Warner Bros. Records
With the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducting its class of 2015 on Saturday, including Green Day and Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, here are some acts it has overlooked over the years.
Warner Bros. Pictures
Benjamin Franklin dies, Daffy Duck makes his debut, the Bay of Pigs invasion begins, the ill-fated Apollo 13 returns to Earth, and two Los Angeles police officers are convicted in the Rodney King beating, all on this day.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.