Take a look at the 10 biggest wildfires in U.S. history as measured by acreage burned.
10. Wallow Fire (2011) -- 538,049 acres burned in Arizona and New Mexico
9. Murphy Complex Fire (2007) -- 653,100 acres burned in Idaho and Nevada
8. Yellowstone Fires (1988) -- 793,880 acres burned in Montana and Wyoming
7. Silverton Fire (1868) -- 1 million acres burned in Oregon
5. (tie) Great Michigan Fire (1871) -- 1.2 million acres burned in Michigan
5. (tie) Peshtigo Fire (1871) -- 1.2 million acres burned in Wisconsin
4. Taylor Complex Fire (2004) -- 1.3 million acres burned in Alaska
3. California Wildfires (2008) -- 1.5 million acres burned in Northern California
1. (tie) Great Fire of 1910 -- 3 million acres burned in Idaho, Montana and Washington state
1. (tie) Miramichi Fire (1825) -- 3 million acres burned in Maine and New Brunswick
John Palminteri photo
A brownish creature, with sharp teeth and claws, is deceased on the beach in Santa Barbara after the latest storm, and many people are wondering what it is.
A funnel cloud appeared over the Lompoc Valley on Tuesday.
The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department says 60 year old Dale Karr is the host at Nojoqui Falls County Park and lived in a mobile home on the park property.
Three wrecked boats have been crushed and removed from Santa Barbara beaches, before they become hazards to the near shore environment.
Billionaire developer Rick Caruso has issued a statement regarding the Miramar Hotel project in Montecito, after a heated debate Monday afternoon.
John Palminteri Photo
If you want to relive the fun of making popcorn the old fashioned way, there's a special machine to help you at the Saturday Farmers Market in Santa Barbara.
Dozens of chronically homeless people in Isla Vista have moved into new permanent housing.
An unusual creatures, three broken boats, and piles of debris are among the leftovers from the latest storm to come through Santa Barbara.
French fries are in short supply at McDonald's restaurants in Japan. Take a look at interesting McDonald's dishes around the world.
Port St. Lucie Police Department
Here's a look back at some of the strange events that made national and world headlines in 2014.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.