The oil and gas boom is shifting population growth in the U.S., according to new census figures. Here's a look at the 10 fastest-growing metro areas from July 2011 to July 2012.
10. Manhattan, Kan. (2.8 percent population increase)
9. Columbus, Ga.-Ala. (2.9 percent population increase)
8. (tie) Austin, Texas (3 percent population increase)
8. (tie) Casper, Wyo. (3 percent population increase
6. Jacksonville, N.C. (3.3 percent population increase)
5. (tie) Odessa, Texas (3.4 percent population increase)
5. (tie) The Villages, Fla. (3.4 percent population increase)
3. Crestview-Fort Walton Beach-Destin, Fla. (3.6 percent population increase)
2. Clarksville, Tenn.-Ky. (3.7 percent population increase)
1. Midland, Texas (4.6 percent population increase)
Gas and oil boomtowns also dominated the list of the 10 fastest-growing micro areas in the U.S. They include Williston and Dickinson, N.D.; Andrews, Texas; Elk City, Okla.; and Vernal, Utah.
Two Santa Ynez Valley men have been arrested for allegedly stealing fish from the Santa Barbara Harbor area as part of a reselling scheme in Hollywood.
The weekend soft opening was a preview, and Monday the crowds came in to the new Santa Barbara Public Market on the corner of Victoria and Chapala Streets.
An Ojai couple was reunited with a wedding ring that was lost at Ellwood Beach two years ago.
Credit: Lara Cooper/Noozhawk.com
A former congressional aide accused of killing a woman while driving drunk reached a plea agreement.
Goleta Mayor Roger Aceves is running for Santa Barbara County Supervisor.
City ends prayer and resolves lawsuit, paying plaintiffs $1 each and $47,500 to the plaintiff's attorneys.
Santa Barbara's urgent request earlier this year for water users to cut back 20 percent, hasn't worked enough. The city says the reduction has only been 15 percent.
A Santa Barbara towing company has won an appeal against the City of Santa Barbara and it will mean a boost in business.
Check out these lookers who ran into the law.
Stargazers professional and amateur turned their cameras to the skies for Tuesday's "blood moon" eclipse.