The oil and gas boom is shifting population growth in the U.S., according to new census figures. Here's a look at the 10 fastest-growing metro areas from July 2011 to July 2012.
10. Manhattan, Kan. (2.8 percent population increase)
9. Columbus, Ga.-Ala. (2.9 percent population increase)
8. (tie) Austin, Texas (3 percent population increase)
8. (tie) Casper, Wyo. (3 percent population increase
6. Jacksonville, N.C. (3.3 percent population increase)
5. (tie) Odessa, Texas (3.4 percent population increase)
5. (tie) The Villages, Fla. (3.4 percent population increase)
3. Crestview-Fort Walton Beach-Destin, Fla. (3.6 percent population increase)
2. Clarksville, Tenn.-Ky. (3.7 percent population increase)
1. Midland, Texas (4.6 percent population increase)
Gas and oil boomtowns also dominated the list of the 10 fastest-growing micro areas in the U.S. They include Williston and Dickinson, N.D.; Andrews, Texas; Elk City, Okla.; and Vernal, Utah.
The Santa Maria Police Department blocked two roads near the Courthouse as a safety precaution Monday morning.
A photographer and former extreme water sports junkie, once strangers have now become friends and teammates. Both share the love for the Central Coast, and they are using that passion to help raise money for a good cause.
It's a challenge that has gone viral. It's known as "The Cold Water Challenge," but could this latest trend be harmful to your health?
A new aviation program is taking off at Santa Barbara Business College. It is a two-year, Associate of Science Aviation program. The inaugural class takes off in October.
Isla Vista residents, which includes UC Santa Barbara and Santa Barbara City College students, are already seeing more signs of law enforcement.
Daniel Perez died in a wrong-way freeway crash hours after attending his first day of school during what would have been his Junior Year at San Marcos High School.
Westmont College welcomed students back to campus for the 2014 Fall semester.
With high heat and low humidity over the weekend, plus a forecast for strong winds, Red Flag Alert signs were posted by the Eucalyptus Hill Homeowners Association.
Courtesy of NOAA/Institute for Exploration/University of Rhode Island
The last passenger pigeon dies, World War II begins, the Soviet Union shoots down a Korean airliner, and the wreck of the Titanic is discovered, all on this day.
Jennifer Lawrence and Mary Elizabeth Winstead are only the latest celebrities facing nude photo scandals. Check out the others.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.