The oil and gas boom is shifting population growth in the U.S., according to new census figures. Here's a look at the 10 fastest-growing metro areas from July 2011 to July 2012.
10. Manhattan, Kan. (2.8 percent population increase)
9. Columbus, Ga.-Ala. (2.9 percent population increase)
8. (tie) Austin, Texas (3 percent population increase)
8. (tie) Casper, Wyo. (3 percent population increase
6. Jacksonville, N.C. (3.3 percent population increase)
5. (tie) Odessa, Texas (3.4 percent population increase)
5. (tie) The Villages, Fla. (3.4 percent population increase)
3. Crestview-Fort Walton Beach-Destin, Fla. (3.6 percent population increase)
2. Clarksville, Tenn.-Ky. (3.7 percent population increase)
1. Midland, Texas (4.6 percent population increase)
Gas and oil boomtowns also dominated the list of the 10 fastest-growing micro areas in the U.S. They include Williston and Dickinson, N.D.; Andrews, Texas; Elk City, Okla.; and Vernal, Utah.
Santa Barbara police are investigating a murder Wednesday morning.
Former President Bill Clinton is in Oxnard Wednesday morning for a "get out the vote rally" supporting Congresswoman Julia Brownley.
The civilian pilot of a privately owned Hawker Hunter aircraft died when his plane crashed on approach just outside Naval Base Ventura County (NBVC) Wednesday afternoon.
Santa Maria Police are investigating what they are calling a suspicious house fire that badly burned one of the people who lived there.
Prosecutors have filed a murder charge against a driver accused of running down a veteran sheriff's deputy who had pulled over another motorist on a Ventura County freeway.
Congressional candidate Chris Mitchum said an ad for Rep. Lois Capps misrepresented what he said in an interview.
37 people were arrested in San Luis Obispo, Arroyo Grande and Pismo Beach in a prostitution crackdown.
The 21st Annual Haunted House at the Solvang Festival Theater will be open Thursday and Friday night for kids and adults looking for Halloween fun.
The San Francisco Giants defeated the Kansas City Royals 3-2 last night to win the 2014 World Series, but the night's celebration quickly turned violent. Take a look at images of the chaotic scene in San Francisco.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.