The oil and gas boom is shifting population growth in the U.S., according to new census figures. Here's a look at the 10 fastest-growing metro areas from July 2011 to July 2012.
10. Manhattan, Kan. (2.8 percent population increase)
9. Columbus, Ga.-Ala. (2.9 percent population increase)
8. (tie) Austin, Texas (3 percent population increase)
8. (tie) Casper, Wyo. (3 percent population increase
6. Jacksonville, N.C. (3.3 percent population increase)
5. (tie) Odessa, Texas (3.4 percent population increase)
5. (tie) The Villages, Fla. (3.4 percent population increase)
3. Crestview-Fort Walton Beach-Destin, Fla. (3.6 percent population increase)
2. Clarksville, Tenn.-Ky. (3.7 percent population increase)
1. Midland, Texas (4.6 percent population increase)
Santa Barbara Police are looking for two people who robbed a Macy's customer in the parking lot of the Macy's in La Cumbre Plaza Saturday afternoon.
Emergency personnel and Law enforcement officials are on scene of a deadly crash that killed at least one person, according to the California Highway Patrol traffic incident website.
Police have closed down Kimball Road between Thille and Colton Street in Ventura following a traffic collision Friday afternoon.
35 computers were stolen from a summer camp located inside Goleta Presbytarian Church after someone broke into the building this week.
Over 130 flower girls and las senoritas lined up in front of the Old Santa Barbara Mission for their annual group photograph.
Blondes and brunettes battled it out in a charity powderpuff football game for charity on Saturday.
The search continues for a man suspected of shooting another man on Thursday at the Conserv Fuel gas station in Santa Maria.
The Santa Ynez River has a visible supply of water flowing for the first time in months. It is part of a scheduled release from Cachuma Lake, which is facing its lowest levels in decades.
Matt Cowan/Getty Images
With both fans and stars flocking to San Diego Comic-Con through this weekend, take a look at some of the action.
Amanda Valdes photo
Law enforcement and medical personnel were dispatched to the 900 block of East Betteravia Road. That's where police say shots rang out at a nearby Conserv Fuel gas station.
Full story here.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.