The oil and gas boom is shifting population growth in the U.S., according to new census figures. Here's a look at the 10 fastest-growing metro areas from July 2011 to July 2012.
10. Manhattan, Kan. (2.8 percent population increase)
9. Columbus, Ga.-Ala. (2.9 percent population increase)
8. (tie) Austin, Texas (3 percent population increase)
8. (tie) Casper, Wyo. (3 percent population increase
6. Jacksonville, N.C. (3.3 percent population increase)
5. (tie) Odessa, Texas (3.4 percent population increase)
5. (tie) The Villages, Fla. (3.4 percent population increase)
3. Crestview-Fort Walton Beach-Destin, Fla. (3.6 percent population increase)
2. Clarksville, Tenn.-Ky. (3.7 percent population increase)
1. Midland, Texas (4.6 percent population increase)
Gas and oil boomtowns also dominated the list of the 10 fastest-growing micro areas in the U.S. They include Williston and Dickinson, N.D.; Andrews, Texas; Elk City, Okla.; and Vernal, Utah.
Shia LeBeouf appeared in Manhattan criminal court Thursday morning over charges stemming from a June incident at a Broadway performance of "Cabaret."
The website "Conde Nast Traveler" has ranked Santa Barbara the sixth best small city in America.
Music Academy of the West and Old Spanish Days are celebrating Marilyn Horne as "Honorary La Diva of Old Spanish Days."
An innovative way to capture a natural gas leak has apparently run its course off the Goleta coast.
The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders are in town. Dressed in their iconic Cowboy's uniforms the ladies put on a camp for the youth of Oxnard on Wednesday.
Santa Barbara County is staking a claim to solar power energy on the Central Coast.
If you're neglecting your front lawn during the drought, there's no need to worry over fines from city code enforcement or homeowners associations.
A water main break caused a sinkhole that damaged Ojai Avenue and the historic Ojai Playhouse.
It's National Hot Dog Day! See if your favorites made the list of the top 10 hot dog toppings.
The fate of the 116 people on board an Air Algerie flight, has reportedly crashed in Mali, is still unknown. Take a look at the deadliest plane crashes in history.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.