Published On: Aug 20 2013 03:48:11 PM CDTUpdated On: Aug 13 2014 01:00:00 AM CDT
The Princeton Review has put out its annual index to the colleges friendliest to lesbian, gay bisexual and transgender students. The list is based on survey responses from 130,000 students at colleges and universities across the country.
Here's a look at the 20 most gay-friendly colleges in the U.S.:
20. Rice University (Houston)
19. Vassar College (Poughkeepsie, N.Y.)
18. Grinnell College (Grinnell, Iowa)
17. Prescott College (Prescott, Ariz.)
16. Bard College (Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y.)
15. Macalester College (St. Paul, Minn.)
14. New York University (New York, N.Y.)
13. Yale University (New Haven, Conn.)
12. Sarah Lawrence College (Bronxville, N.Y.)
11. Carleton College (Northfield, Minn.)
10. Pitzer College (Claremont, Calif.)
9. New College of Florida (Sarasota, Fla.)
8. Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering (Needham, Mass.)
7. University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, Wis.)
20 individuals have been arrested in connection with a five-month long investigation that involved the Santa Barbara Police Department, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, into the sales of illegal narcotics and firearms.
For little to no cost financial cost to the fighters, the Central Coast Boxing club is training young people to channel their aggression into something positive. Their program has gotten so popular, they're looking to expand, and you have a chance to support them by cheering them on at a huge event May 14.