A good college education can come with a hefty price tag.
During the 2012-13 school year, 149 colleges and universities in the U.S. charged at least $50,000 per year for tuition, fees, and room and board, according to the latest edition of The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Almanac of Higher Education."
This means that in comparison to last year, an additional 26 schools crossed the mark of charging at least $50,000 per year for tuition.
Take a look at the most expensive colleges in America.
10. University of Chicago The University of Chicago cost $57,711 in tuition, fees and room/board during the 2012-13 school year.
9. Johns Hopkins University Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore cost $57,820 during the 2012-13 school year.
8. New School Parsons School of Design The New School Parsons School of Design in New York City cost $57,910 for tuition and room/board in 2012-13.
7. Dartmouth College Dartmouth College in Hanover, N.H., cost $57,996 for tuition and room/board during the 2012-13 school year.
6. Claremont McKenna College Claremont McKenna College, a liberal arts college in Claremont, Calif., cost $58,065 for tuition and room/board in 2012-13.
5. Wesleyan University Wesleyan University, a liberal arts college in Middletown, Conn., cost $58,502.
4. Columbia University Columbia University in New York City, one of the Ivy League schools, cost $58,742 for tuition and room/board in 2012-13.
3. Harvey Mudd College Harvey Mudd College, a hybrid liberal arts and engineering school in Claremont, Calif., cost $58,913 for tuition and room/board in 2012-13.
2. New York University New York University in New York City, which typically makes the list of the most expensive universities, cost $59,337 for tuition and room/board in 2012-13.
1. Sarah Lawrence College Sarah Lawrence College in Bronxville, N.Y., again ranks as the most expensive college in America, costing $61,236 for tuition and room/board in 2012-13.
Click here to read more about the most expensive colleges in America.
Authorities have identified Richmond Corrales Eskridge as the 22-year-old man from Big Sur that was killed Saturday morning after his Ford F150 pickup truck rolled several times and went down a steep embankment.
Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Detectives have arrested 21-year-old Bryan Rios of Santa Maria, as a fifth person to have allegedly played a direct role in the death of Javier Limon. Limon's family speaks exclusively to KCOY.
Have you ever turned into a Santa Barbara Downtown City Lot only to discover that the lot is full? Now you have to park blocks away from your destination. Well fret no more, the City has released a web app that provides up-to-date parking availability for all of the Downtown parking lot locations.
While the child stars whose careers fade seem to get most of the press, plenty of young actors have managed to stay successful into adulthood, including Anna Paquin, who is celebrating her 33rd birthday on Friday.