One person injured in gas ignition
Updated On: Feb 06 2013 10:05:18 PM CST
A cook is recovering from injuries he got in an explosion inside the kitchen at a Santa Barbara pizzeria.
It happened at Giovanni's on Coast Village Road around 10:30 Wednesday morning.
Fire fighters say the pilot light had gone out for the pizza oven. They believe gas had been leaking for some time.
When the cook went to re-light the pilot, pressure from the explosion knocked him to the ground.
He was taken to the hospital but is expected to be o.k.
The Gas Company checked out the restaurant and determined it was safe. Giovanni's is back open for business.
Copyright © 2013 KEYT - NPG of California, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.