Fire breaks out at a Santa Maria apartment complex
Updated On: Jun 25 2013 08:39:42 PM CDT
A fire broke out around 10:45 Monday night inside the Union Plaza apartment complex in Santa Maria. Firefighters investigated and found smoke in the hallway. Four engines, one ladder truck, and a Battalion Chief responded.
Crews evacuated residents and were able to locate the source of the smoke. It was caused by burnt food inside one of the units. Firefighters ventilated the 3rd floor and all occupants were allowed back into their rooms. Santa Maria Police Department, AMR, and SLO county fire units assisted.
There was no damage to the building, and no injuries.
Copyright © 2013 KEYT - NPG of California, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.