Santa Barbara
57° F
Clear
Clear
Santa Maria
62° F
Overcast
Overcast
San Luis Obispo
58° F
Clear
Clear
Ventura
59° F
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy

One Injured in Laz-E-Daze Fire

By Rachael Laine, KCOY Central Coast News Reporter, RachaelLaine@kcoy.com
Published On: Feb 07 2014 05:52:52 PM CST
Updated On: Feb 08 2014 12:45:37 AM CST

One Injured in Laz-E-Daze Fire

SANTA MARIA, Calif. -

A blowdryer is reportedly to blame for a fire that sent one woman to the hospital with second degree burns Friday morning.

It happened at the Laz-E-Daze Apartments in Santa Maria.

Jeremiah Miller, a resident at Laz-E-Daze, says his girlfriend was blow drying her hair at 9:30 a.m. when the blowdryer blew up and caught fire.

Miller says that's when he woke up and tried to put it out.

"It started shooting flames while it was running. Then I got up and got out yelling for the fire department. I got back in and she burned her hand. That's all I can remember," says Miller.

An ambulance took Miller's girlfriend to the hospital to treat the burns and smoke inhalation.

The Red Cross has stepped in to help assist with possible housing needs for the displaced occupants.

Gallery

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus