Santa Barbara
46° F
Clear
Clear
Santa Maria
50° F
Clear
Clear
San Luis Obispo
45° F
Clear
Clear
Ventura
66° F
Clear
Clear

Santa Maria House Fire "Accidental"

By Beth Farnsworth, KEYT - KCOY - KKFX Anchor/Reporter, beth.farnsworth@keyt.com
Published On: Dec 24 2013 10:15:11 AM CST
Updated On: Oct 14 2013 10:40:36 PM CDT

An accidental house fire that broke out Sunday night in Santa Maria was linked to someone smoking, according to Fire Chief Dan Orr.

SANTA MARIA, Calif. -

An accidental house fire that broke out Sunday night in Santa Maria was linked  to someone smoking, according to Fire Chief Dan Orr.

The flames broke out just after 9:00 p.m. on the 1400 block of Claremont Road.

It didn't take long for the fire to engulf the family's garage before jumping toward the house.

Luckily, the four residents made it out safety with their pets before firefighters arrived.

Crews made an aggressive stand inside the home and were able to protect the "living" portions of the house, but were not able to save the garage, which was destroyed.

"The house will be livable in a week or two because the way fire crews attacked the home, the living part was left intact." said Orr.

Damage is estimated to be $100,000.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus