For the second time in two days, a cigarette caused a small fire on Stearns Wharf.
City crews on the wharf were joined by Santa Barbara City Fire and the Harbor Patrol boat to make sure the small area of concern was snuffed out.
It was near the Moby Dick Restaurant.
Yesterday, not far from that area another cigarette fire was reported and crews also swiftly responded to douse the spot, and check it with a special heat detection unit.
The wharf is highly flammable, and the city takes no chances with even the smallest fire concerns.