Some members of Congress are in the money, while others are deep in debt. Take a look at the poorest and richest members of Congress, based on a CNN analysis of 2012 financial disclosure forms and ranked based on net worth.
First, the poorest members of Congress, based on net worth:
5. Rep. Steve Fincher (R-Tenn.). Average net worth: -$472,502
4. Rep. Nydia Velazquez (D-N.Y.). Average net worth: -$510,000
3. Rep. Ruben Hinojosa (D-Texas). Average net worth: -$2.3 million
2. Alcee Hastings (D-Florida). Average net worth: -$4.7 million
1. Rep. David Valadao (R-California). Average net worth: -$12.2 million
And now, the richest members of Congress:
5. Rep. Michael McCaul (R-Texas). Average net worth: $143.2 million
4. Rep. John Delaney (D-Md.). Average net worth: $154.6 million
3. Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colo.). Average net worth: $197.9 million
2. Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.). Average net worth: $257.5 million.
1. Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.). Average net worth: $464.1 million
Craig Mason of Los Osos hadn't heard from his brother for days when he finally received a text Wednesday. He thought his brother was fishing with friends in Baja California when he learned that Hurricane Odile had wreaked havoc in the Mexican resort.
Sherrie Gibbs routinely takes her 14 year old dog Quigley out for walks in the Janin Acres subdivision in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley and is not surprised to learn that coyotes and mountain lions are roaming around her neighborhood.