Published On: Oct 26 2012 10:07:03 AM CDTUpdated On: Oct 10 2014 01:00:00 AM CDT
If you're looking for a creepy destination to spend your Halloween, try one of these 10 spots recommended by the Travel Channel.
10. Bermuda Triangle -- Superstitions say everything from aliens to energy fields are responsible for the disappearance of planes and ships in the Atlantic Ocean.
9: Roswell, N.M. -- Home to various alien-themed shops and the International UFO Museum, Roswell has become synonymous with UFOs and mystery.
8. Winchester Mystery House -- Believing she was being haunted by those killed by Winchester rifles, heiress Sarah Winchester ordered construction to never stop on her San Jose, Calif., house, which it didn't from 1884 until her death in 1922.
7. Gettysburg Battlefield -- One of the deadliest battles of the Civil War took place in 1863 in the tiny Pennsylvania town of Gettysburg.
6. Salem, Mass. -- During the winter of 1691 and 1692, the tiny New England village of Salem was gripped by accusations of witchcraft, leading to the now infamous Salem witch trials.
5. New Orleans -- The Big Easy is home to some of the creepiest places in the U.S., including St. Louis Cemetery No. 1 (pictured), the oldest of the city's ornate above-ground cemeteries.
4. Tower of London -- In the 900 years since it was first constructed, the Tower has served as a tourist attraction, a prison and a place of execution for some of England's most notorious characters.
3. Paris Catacombs -- Hidden beneath the streets of Paris are the city's famed catacombs, now home to the bones of long-departed Parisians who died when there was no room for them in the city's cemeteries.
2. Hollywood -- The Roosevelt Hotel, Laugh Factory and the old Hollywood Reporter building, among other places, are all rumored to be haunted by famous ghosts.
1. Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast -- Today, the house which Lizzie Borden once called home is a city landmark, a museum and a bed and breakfast in Fall River, Mass.
A new team of investigators is looking into the nearly three-year-old murder case of Peter D'Orazio, a 55-year-old man who went missing from Goleta in September of 2012. His widow, Caron, believes she knows exactly who killed him.
As the Santa Barbara County Health Department continues its investigation into Dr. Allen Thomashefsky’s medical practice, it released the most recent update on the test results from former patients of the embattled doctor.
On Monday, shooting suspect James Holmes goes on trial for 165 counts, including murder and attempted murder charges. He has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity. Here are images from the 2012 shooting inside an Aurora movie theater.
(Warning: Graphic content) A 7.8-magnitude earthquake hit Kathmandu on Saturday. Many houses, buildings and temples in the capital were destroyed, leaving thousands dead or trapped under the debris as emergency rescue workers attempt to clear rubble and find survivors.