You are not currently logged in
Real estate site Movoto recently compiled a list of the 10 most exciting cities in America.
Movoto’s Top 10 may run counter to popular opinion: Chicago is not even on the list. But Movoto says it based the rankings off off characteristics they believe lead to a happy city life.
Keep you and your friends and family healthy and safe on Independence Day with these tips.
There were also two negative indicators: The number of fast food restaurants and Targets/Wal-marts. The fewer of each per square mile, the more unique and enjoyable the city is.
10. Portland, Ore. -- Scoring high on music venues and movie theaters per square mile, Portland's cultural scene catapulted it to the Top 10.
9. Philadelphia -- Philly's strengths are museums and diversity.
8. Atlanta -- Despite unfavorable scores on the number of fast food restaurants per square mile and park acreage per person, Atlanta's young population, bars and music scene secured it as No. 8.
7. Milwaukee -- "Brew city is simply solid on all of our criteria," writes Movoto Real Estate.
6. New York -- What held the Big Apple back? Movoto says it was lots of fast food joints.
5. Washington, D.C. -- Apart from being home to our nations politicians, D.C. contains beautiful national museums and parks (and ranks high in the number of bars per square mile).
4. Seattle -- Movoto says Seattle has inspired the creation of many things, including the "50 Shades of Grey" books. We can only guess that rainy weather has led to a bustling music and bar scene.
3. San Francisco -- Movoto ranked the City by the Bay high for its vibrant arts and music scene.
2. Boston -- Sporting a young population and a high number of bars and movie theatres, Boston sounds like nice place for a Friday night.
1. Oakland, Calif. -- Scoring the highest on the number of movie theatres and museums per square mile, Oakland never ceases to amaze, according to Movoto.
The website "Conde Nast Traveler" has ranked Santa Barbara the sixth best small city in America.
If you're neglecting your front lawn during the drought, there's no need to worry over fines from city code enforcement or homeowners associations.
Investigators said the Goleta apartment explosion and fire Monday night was caused by the illegal process of making butane honey oil.
The Dallas Cowboys touched down at Naval Base Ventura County on Tuesday afternoon.
An innovative way to capture a natural gas leak has apparently run its course off the Goleta coast.
Santa Barbara County is staking a claim to solar power energy on the Central Coast.
Old Spanish Days souvenirs are now for sale at the Santa Barbara Historical Museum. The display includes items from the current year, but many sought after collectables from years gone by.
A crackdown on drivers who won't stop for pedestrians in a crosswalk is underway in Santa Barbara and Goleta.
It's National Hot Dog Day! See if your favorites made the list of the top 10 hot dog toppings.
Dozens are feared dead after a TransAsia Airways plane crashed on one of Taiwan's Penghu islands Wednesday. Take a look at the deadliest plane crashes in history.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.