Real estate site Movoto recently compiled a list of the 10 most exciting cities in America.
Movoto’s Top 10 may run counter to popular opinion: Chicago is not even on the list. But Movoto says it based the rankings off off characteristics they believe lead to a happy city life.
Keep you and your friends and family healthy and safe over the Fourth of July weekend with these tips.
There were also two negative indicators: The number of fast food restaurants and Targets/Wal-marts. The fewer of each per square mile, the more unique and enjoyable the city is.
10. Portland, Ore. -- Scoring high on music venues and movie theaters per square mile, Portland's cultural scene catapulted it to the Top 10.
9. Philadelphia -- Philly's strengths are museums and diversity.
8. Atlanta -- Despite unfavorable scores on the number of fast food restaurants per square mile and park acreage per person, Atlanta's young population, bars and music scene secured it as No. 8.
7. Milwaukee -- "Brew city is simply solid on all of our criteria," writes Movoto Real Estate.
6. New York -- What held the Big Apple back? Movoto says it was lots of fast food joints.
5. Washington, D.C. -- Apart from being home to our nations politicians, D.C. contains beautiful national museums and parks (and ranks high in the number of bars per square mile).
4. Seattle -- Movoto says Seattle has inspired the creation of many things, including the "50 Shades of Grey" books. We can only guess that rainy weather has led to a bustling music and bar scene.
3. San Francisco -- Movoto ranked the City by the Bay high for its vibrant arts and music scene.
2. Boston -- Sporting a young population and a high number of bars and movie theatres, Boston sounds like nice place for a Friday night.
1. Oakland, Calif. -- Scoring the highest on the number of movie theatres and museums per square mile, Oakland never ceases to amaze, according to Movoto.
A Santa Barbara-based law firm has filed a wage and hour class action lawsuit against Sansum Clinic.
Two people are in critical condition after a head-on collision outside of Guadalupe.
Much like the information coming from our First Alert weather center, people along the coast are feeling rather certain wet weather is going to bear down on us soon after more than four years of drought.
In the tight-knit town of Guadalupe, residents are talking about a plan that would invite adult stores into the small business community.
Source: San Luis Obispo Co. Sheriff's Dept.
The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help to locate an inmate who walked away from a daily work program at Camp San Luis Obispo Monday morning.
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County turns away 2.2 million pounds of food or the equivalent of 1.8 million meals per year due to lack of space at its Goleta locations.
Local homeless have somewhere to go to come in from the cold.
The University of California is putting some of its money behind an effort to create climate solutions.
Marek Szczepanek/Wikimedia Commons
How much would it cost to give someone "The Twelve Days of Christmas?" Find out the updated total for 2015, according to the annual Christmas Price Index compiled by PNC Wealth Management.
Courtesy Air New Zealand
AirlineRatings.com has picked its choices for the world's top airlines for 2016. Find out if any American carriers made the cut.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.