Ready for some summer fun? Check out Dr. Beach's top 10 U.S. beaches for 2014.
10. Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park (Naples, Fla.)
9. Beachwalker Park (Kiawah Island, S.C.)
8. Coast Guard Beach (Cape Cod, Mass.)
7. Cape Florida State Park (Key Biscayne, Fla.)
6. Cape Hatteras (Outer Banks, N.C.)
5. Hamoa Beach (Maui, Hawaii)
4. Waimanalo Bay Beach Park (Oahu, Hawaii)
3. St. George Island State Park (Florida panhandle)
2. Barefoot Beach (Bonita Springs, Fla.)
1. Kahanamoku Beach Waikiki (Oahu, Hawaii)
For a description of each beach and list of previous winners, check out http://www.drbeach.org/top10beaches.html. The list is compiled by Dr. Stephen P. Leatherman, a coastal expert and professor at Florida International University who is better known as Dr. Beach.
A Hurricane making its way through the Pacific Ocean is expected to bring high surf and strong currents to Ventura County south and southeast-facing beaches this week. Rescuers are urging the public to be cautious while entering the water, but surfers are enjoying the bigger sets.
It was a summer slam in Santa Barbara from what was once Hurricane Marie. Now it has been downgraded to a Tropical Storm, but the force coming in from the Pacific Ocean has roughed up some of our coastline.