Ready for some summer fun? Check out Dr. Beach's top 10 U.S. beaches for 2014.
10. Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park (Naples, Fla.)
9. Beachwalker Park (Kiawah Island, S.C.)
8. Coast Guard Beach (Cape Cod, Mass.)
7. Cape Florida State Park (Key Biscayne, Fla.)
6. Cape Hatteras (Outer Banks, N.C.)
5. Hamoa Beach (Maui, Hawaii)
4. Waimanalo Bay Beach Park (Oahu, Hawaii)
3. St. George Island State Park (Florida panhandle)
2. Barefoot Beach (Bonita Springs, Fla.)
1. Kahanamoku Beach Waikiki (Oahu, Hawaii)
For a description of each beach and list of previous winners, check out http://www.drbeach.org/top10beaches.html. The list is compiled by Dr. Stephen P. Leatherman, a coastal expert and professor at Florida International University who is better known as Dr. Beach.
While many Central Coast homeowners using solar are saving a significant amount of money on their electrical bills, the increasing popular electrical system may not be the best financial option for everyone.
Santa Barbara says it's going to the ocean to get new water for the city, unless there's a massive amount of rain in the next two months. The report to the Regional Water Quality Control Board was part of a review of the city's proposed reopening of a desalination plant.
Sara Gilbert, who celebrates her 40th birthday on Thursday, grew up in front of TV audiences on "Roseanne." In honor of her birthday, click on to see what she and the rest of her co-stars are up to today.
Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones (The Theory of Everything) were honored at the 30th Santa Barbara International Film Festival with the Cinema Vanguard Award for taking risks in their filmmaking careers.