Published On: May 25 2012 11:11:42 AM CDTUpdated On: May 21 2015 03:32:14 PM CDT
Ready for some summer fun? Check out Dr. Beach's top 10 U.S. beaches for 2015.
10. East Beach (Santa Barbara, Calif.)
9. Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park (Naples, Fla.)
8. Beachwalker Park (Kiawah Island, S.C.)
7. Coast Guard Beach (Cape Cod, Mass.)
6. Cape Florida State Park (Key Biscayne, Fla.)
5. Cape Hatteras (Outer Banks, N.C.)
4. Hamoa Beach (Maui, Hawaii)
3. St. George Island State Park (Florida panhandle)
2. Barefoot Beach (Bonita Springs, Fla.)
1. Waimanalo Bay Beach Park (Oahu, Hawaii)
For a description of each beach and list of previous winners, check out www.drbeach.org. The list is compiled by Dr. Stephen P. Leatherman, a coastal expert and professor at Florida International University who is better known as Dr. Beach.
Authorities have identified Richmond Corrales Eskridge as the 22-year-old man from Big Sur that was killed Saturday morning after his Ford F150 pickup truck rolled several times and went down a steep embankment.
Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Detectives have arrested 21-year-old Bryan Rios of Santa Maria, as a fifth person to have allegedly played a direct role in the death of Javier Limon. Limon's family speaks exclusively to KCOY.
While the child stars whose careers fade seem to get most of the press, plenty of young actors have managed to stay successful into adulthood, including Anna Paquin, who is celebrating her 33rd birthday on Friday.