Published On: May 25 2012 11:11:42 AM CDTUpdated On: May 21 2015 03:32:14 PM CDT
Ready for some summer fun? Check out Dr. Beach's top 10 U.S. beaches for 2015.
10. East Beach (Santa Barbara, Calif.)
9. Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park (Naples, Fla.)
8. Beachwalker Park (Kiawah Island, S.C.)
7. Coast Guard Beach (Cape Cod, Mass.)
6. Cape Florida State Park (Key Biscayne, Fla.)
5. Cape Hatteras (Outer Banks, N.C.)
4. Hamoa Beach (Maui, Hawaii)
3. St. George Island State Park (Florida panhandle)
2. Barefoot Beach (Bonita Springs, Fla.)
1. Waimanalo Bay Beach Park (Oahu, Hawaii)
For a description of each beach and list of previous winners, check out www.drbeach.org. The list is compiled by Dr. Stephen P. Leatherman, a coastal expert and professor at Florida International University who is better known as Dr. Beach.
Holiday shoppers have been out since the dark of the night, starting at malls, outlet centers and specialty stores on Thursday. Some went out while their Thanksgiving turkey was cooking, others in the evening. Today, was the big rush.
Responding to another high-profile episode of gun violence, President Barack Obama told the American people on Saturday that "we have to do something about the easy accessibility of weapons of war on our streets to people who have no business wieldin...