While nearly any sun-soaked stretch of sand sounds perfect just now, some beaches clearly take the sand and surf prerequisites to a higher level. Here are the world's best beaches of 2014, according to TripAdvisor users (whose comments are in quotes after each entry).
10. Playa Norte (Isla Mujeres, Mexico) -- "Perfect white sand, endless warm shallow water and a relaxed, casual vibe."
9. Rhossili Bay (Swansea, United Kingdom) -- "Truly the most beautiful beach. The sheer scale and wildness of the location add to the majesty."
8. Lanikai Beach (Kailua, Hawaii) -- "Not easy to find, which makes the discovery all the better. It's like stepping into a postcard."
7. Anse Lazio (Praslin Island, Seychelles) -- "Picture perfect in every way. Gorgeous beach and the bluest water ever!"
6. Playa de des Illetes (Formentera, Balearic Islands, Spain) -- "Endless sea, fine sand, spectacular views, yachts, fancy stalls, Ibiza on the horizon."
5. Whitehaven Beach (Whitsunday Island, Australia) -- "Absolutely spectacular. Nothing but pure, pristine beach. Shallow, warm, clear water."
4. Rabbit Beach (Lampedusa, Islands of Sicily) -- Rabbit Beach took No. 4 on this year's list.
3. Flamenco Beach/Playa Flamenco (Culebra, Puerto Rico) -- "This beach is my happy place. I dream about it."
2. Grace Bay (Providenciales, Turks and Caicos) -- Grace Bay's powder-soft white sand landed in the No. 2 spot on this year's list.
1. Baia de Sancho (Fernando de Noronha, Brazil) -- Wins TripAdvisor's best beach for 2014, "The beach requires little work to access, but visitors are rarely disappointed."
Elizabeth Banks, Paul Dano, O'Shea Jackson Jr., Geza Rohrig, Alicia Vikander and Jacob Tremblay were all honored with the SBIFF Virtuosos Award on Saturday. The event was moderated by Dave Karger and the awards presented by Leonard Maltin.
The Boy Scouts of America is founded, the gas chamber is first used in the United States, the first NFL Draft is held, "Good Times" premieres, and women's ice hockey debuts as an Olympic sport, all on this day.