A potentially record-breaking heat wave is melting parts of the Southwest. Check out some of the hottest U.S. temperatures on record by state as recorded by the U.S. National Climatic Data Center.
17. (tie) Washington -- 118 degrees (Aug. 5, 1961)
17. (tie) Nebraska -- 118 degrees (July 24, 1936)
17. (tie) Missouri -- 118 degrees (July 14, 1954)
17. (tie) Iowa -- 118 degrees (July 20, 1934)
17. (tie) Idaho -- 118 degrees (July 28, 1934)
17. (tie) Colorado -- 118 degrees (July 11, 1888)
11. Oregon -- 119 degrees (Aug. 10, 1898)
10. (tie) Texas -- 120 degrees (Aug. 12, 1936)
10. (tie) South Dakota -- 120 degrees (July 15, 2006)
10. (tie) Oklahoma -- 120 degrees (June 27, 1994)
10. (tie) Arkansas -- 120 degrees (Aug. 10, 1936)
6. (tie) North Dakota -- 121 degrees (July 6, 1936)
6. (tie) Kansas -- 121 degrees (July 24, 1936)
4. New Mexico -- 122 degrees (June 27, 1994)
3. Nevada -- 125 degrees (June 29, 1994)
2. Arizona -- 128 degrees (June 29, 1994)
1. California -- 134 degrees (July 10, 1913)
Source: Santa Barbara Co. Sheriff's Dept.
Santa Maria police arrested 33-year-old Bradley Charles Teixeira for attempted murder of a Santa Maria resident early Saturday morning.
It was ditch day at Santa Barbara High Monday,giving seniors another day of rest following a prom that is likely to gain attention for its progressive prom court.
The Ventura County Coroner's Office identified the victim in an Ojai Valley homicide Sunday morning as 50-year-old Aleric Owen. The Coroner lists Owen's death as caused by multiple gunshot wounds.
Cottage Hospital presented 5-year-old Lennon Knox a medal of bravery for saving his dog from a rattlesnake last week.
Oscar Flores photo
An abrasive message to Donald Trump supporters has appeared, seemingly overnight, on the side of the Anapamu Street footbridge in Santa Barbara.
Five scholarships and one graduate fellowship will honor the six students killed in the Isla Vista tragedy of May 23, 2014. The academic awards will be announced Monday, on the second anniversary of the tragedy, during a special ceremony at UCSB.
A Santa Maria woman will appear on a special primetime Survivor-themed version of The Price Is Right, which will air on KCOY tonight on May 23rd.
Amanda Valdes photo
A proposed housing project for farmworkers near Santa Maria will be presented to the Santa Barbara County Planning Commission on June 1st.
Henry Galvan photo
A 23-year-old Ojai man is behind bars accused of killing his father, according to authorities.
Warner Bros. Pictures
More than a few stars have found success in Hollywood only to walk away at the peak of their fame. Click on for a look at some of them.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.