As much of the nation shivers under extreme cold, check out the coldest U.S. temperatures on record, according to the U.S. National Climatic Data Center.
14. (tie) Nevada -50 degrees (Jan. 8, 1937)
14. (tie) New Mexico -50 degrees (Feb. 1, 1951)
14. (tie) Vermont -50 degrees (Dec. 30, 1933)
13. Michigan -51 degrees (Feb. 9, 1934)
12. New York -52 degrees (Feb. 18, 1979)
11. Oregon -54 degrees (Feb. 10, 1933)
10. Wisconsin -55 degrees (Feb. 4, 1996)
9. South Dakota -58 degrees (Feb. 17, 1936)
6. (tie) Idaho -60 degrees (Jan. 18, 1943)
6. (tie) Minnesota -60 degrees (Feb. 2, 1996)
6. (tie) North Dakota -60 degrees (Feb. 15, 1936)
5. Colorado -61 degrees (Feb. 1, 1985)
4. Wyoming -66 degrees (Feb. 9, 1933)
3. Utah -69 degrees (Feb. 1, 1985)
2. Montana -70 degrees (Jan. 20, 1954)
1. Alaska -80 degrees (Jan. 23, 1971)
CHP is investigating a minor injury rollover crash that blocked all lanes of Highway 101 Southbound at the State Street off ramp.
Two people are dead after two passenger cars crashed head-on near the area of Santa Lucia Canyon Road and Klein Boulevard just north of Lompoc Sunday afternoon.
The Santa Barbara Police Department shared a "Catch a Burglar" Facebook post on Monday.
San Luis Obispo County Sheriffs say nearly 6,000 marijuana plants were found growing off of Highway 101.
Part off of DC-10 air tanker falls off plane while taxiing on Santa Maria runway
59 year old Juli Conn died at scene on West Grand Avenue in Grover Beach.
Source: Grover Beach Police Department
Grover Beach police released more information into a fatal hit-and-run investigation that occurred Saturday night shorty before 10 p.m., including the arrest of the suspect several hours later.
Rising water costs have forced officials at Vandenberg Air Force Base to cease offering regular rounds of golf at Marshallia Ranch Golf Course.
Santa Barbara County fire crews are responding to a brush fire reported near the White Rock campground off Paradise Road in the Santa Barbara backcountry.
For continued updates, click here.
Full Story here.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.