As much of the nation shivers under extreme cold, check out the coldest U.S. temperatures on record, according to the U.S. National Climatic Data Center.
14. (tie) Nevada -50 degrees (Jan. 8, 1937)
14. (tie) New Mexico -50 degrees (Feb. 1, 1951)
14. (tie) Vermont -50 degrees (Dec. 30, 1933)
13. Michigan -51 degrees (Feb. 9, 1934)
12. New York -52 degrees (Feb. 18, 1979)
11. Oregon -54 degrees (Feb. 10, 1933)
10. Wisconsin -55 degrees (Feb. 4, 1996)
9. South Dakota -58 degrees (Feb. 17, 1936)
6. (tie) Idaho -60 degrees (Jan. 18, 1943)
6. (tie) Minnesota -60 degrees (Feb. 2, 1996)
6. (tie) North Dakota -60 degrees (Feb. 15, 1936)
5. Colorado -61 degrees (Feb. 1, 1985)
4. Wyoming -66 degrees (Feb. 9, 1933)
3. Utah -69 degrees (Feb. 1, 1985)
2. Montana -70 degrees (Jan. 20, 1954)
1. Alaska -80 degrees (Jan. 23, 1971)
Santa Barbara Sheriff's deputies, and Santa Barbara Police were both on the scene as two suspects were arrested this morning in the La Cumbre - upper State Street area.
The Scorpions move to 13-0 on the year with a 54-28 victory.
Cruise ships have been a solid boost to the Santa Barbara economy this year. The final one has spend the day off Stearns Wharf with guests coming ashore.
The retailer halted operations on the day after Thanksgiving, gave employees a paid day off and encouraged them to get outside.
Holiday shoppers have been out since the dark of the night, starting at malls, outlet centers and specialty stores on Thursday. Some went out while their Thanksgiving turkey was cooking, others in the evening. Today, was the big rush.
The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office released information regarding the death of an inmate on Thanksgiving Day.
A motorcyclist went off the side of the road and dropped thirty feet into a ravine Saturday.
Colorado Springs Police Dept.
Attorney General Loretta Lynch calls it a "crime against women;" Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper says it's "a tragedy that is beyond speech."
Police have not yet disclosed any motive for the shooting at a Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood clinic on...
Police evacuated a Planned Parenthood building in Colorado Springs, Colorado, where a gunman fired at officers. Here are images and info from the incident.
Magellan reaches the Pacific, William Shakespeare gets hitched, the Grand Ole Opry debuts, Olympic gymnast Nadia Comaneci defects, and Jeffrey Dahmer is killed in prison, all on this day.
No email address was supplied by
To complete your registration on this site, please supply an address.
Please confirm or modify the email address to which you will have subscription offers sent.
For a more personalized experience, please supply the following optional information.